Is the Oppo-105 with Modwright modifications

As good as they say it is. I was talking to a dealer today and he said you can't have a state of the art product when you start with crap. He said the Saber DAC's were junk and I'd be wasting my money doing the Modwright upgrades. On the other hand I have heard people rave about it. What is your take on this player and the Modwright upgrades? Am I better off buying a high-end used CD player without a warranty. I like the Idea of a modded player but I don't want to be disappointed and take a big loss.
taters
Moomoo, my understanding is that the 1 second delay remains in the 105. This is the one thing that prevents me from buying the 105 and having the ModWright truth mod done. I can't imagine the frustration of trying to listen to Bach's St Matthew with a 1 second delay between all 72 tracks, where a delay is not written into the music. It could be less of a problem with a standard symphony, where a delay of several seconds between movements is normal. Still, Oppo has got to understand that this quirk is a show stopper for many lovers of classical. One of the attractive features of the Oppo 105 is the asynchronous in, enabling using the unit as a DAC for a computer based system. So here is stand, in a holding pattern, hoping Oppo fixes this in the 115, 125, 135, or 495. Oppo, how bout it? We need a seamless transition from one file to the next.
Brownsfan, I have had no delays between tracks with my 105, either playing discs or from my music server. I have, however, not been able to get my USB connection to play higher than 96/24. It just clicks and does nothing.
Moomoo, my understanding is that the 1 second delay remains in the 105. This is the one thing that prevents me from buying the 105 and having the ModWright truth mod done. I can't imagine the frustration of trying to listen to Bach's St Matthew with a 1 second delay between all 72 tracks, where a delay is not written into the music. It could be less of a problem with a standard symphony, where a delay of several seconds between movements is normal. Still, Oppo has got to understand that this quirk is a show stopper for many lovers of classical. One of the attractive features of the Oppo 105 is the asynchronous in, enabling using the unit as a DAC for a computer based system. So here is stand, in a holding pattern, hoping Oppo fixes this in the 115, 125, 135, or 495. Oppo, how bout it? We need a seamless transition from one file to the next.
Moomoo, I know a guy who has compared the Oppo 95 and 105 each with no mods. He much preferred the 95. Of course, this doesn't mean much about moded units.
Tbg, Thanks for the information. One of these days I'll have to chat a bit with Dan Wright about the 105. I've already got a ModWright Sony, with which I am very pleased. I'm sure the modded 105 betters it, but I need to make sure this is going to do everything I want (and do it well) before I pull the trigger.