What speakers should I consider around $5000?

I'm ready to move on from my current system: Bryston 4BST, Proceed Pre, Revel Performa F30's and Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC. I'm planning to keep the DAC, and swap the Bryston and Proceed out for a decent integrated SS amp (just don't want to "do" tubes, even though I think they can sound great). I like the relatively deep bass of the Revels, but they can sound very bloated without VERY expensive cabling.

I recently heard the following speakers and enjoyed them, but wanted to get some feedback on these and suggestions for others in about the $5k retail price range. I'm open to a used speaker too. Here's the list: Martin Logan Theos, Von Gaylord VG-8, Salk Veracity HT2-TL, Wilson Audio Duette (yes, I know this is dramatically more expensive, but I liked the sound). Also, wondered about the new Revel F308s.

And another issue to consider is WAF....she's HATED the look of the Revels since I first got them 13 years ago. Something a bit less monolithic would be great.

As a separate but related question, I've previewed a Karan Acoustic KA i180 MkII and thought it was great, but if I go down that route, it'll limit my speaker budget to some degree.

I'm getting confused by all the options, so I thought I'd ask for some advice to get me some clarity.

Thanks.

Matt
mwsl
So, after much research and all of your feedback, here's the four speakers I'm going to listen to. These are in my price range (the Wilson's really were WAY out of my price range). These are listed in no particular order:

1) Gallo Ref 3.5
2) Revel Performa f208
3) Usher Mini Dancer 2
4) Von Gaylord VG-8

I've got an IN HOME listening session set up for the Von Gaylord speakers, along with their integrated tube amp (!). The Revel's are sold by a local dealer whom I have a good relationship with. The Usher and Gallo I'll have to track down, but I know are available relatively close.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Quite enlightening.

Matt
I also agree the Dyns are a fantastic monitor, but they are expensive, as an alternative you should add to your list Selah Audio, like Vapor, Selah's speakers often hit way beyond there price point, and there is much more flexibility in driver configuration to tailor to your needs.
Not to add more flame to the fire here, but looking at what you are looking for (integrated drivers and tight bass), I can't help but think you might want to give Zu speakers a look (probably the Omen Defs). With the full range drivers, they have no xover in the midrange area so you will not experience the driver integration problems you are having with your Revels. And they are very easy to drive (an integrated amp, tube or ss, will work just fine). You might give the Zu guys a call -- they are great to deal with and really do want to hook you up with something that matches your tastes.
Eventually with threads like this, every product on the market gets
recommended. So I will add my suggestions. :-) The KEF R series (R700
or R900) are at or below $5K and will be absolute imaging champs.That
UniQ driver is exceptional. Different sound from Revel, but equally
legit. KEF is on a roll.

You also might have a listen to the appropriate models from PSB and
Paradigm. The designs are a bit heavy on the bling, as the earlier Revels
were, so WAF might be a bust, but these are good companies with
decades of experience and serious engineering chops, just like Revel
and KEF.

One other would be the floorstanders in Dynaudio's Focus line. Very
handsome and great performers.
"Interestingly, I have listened to the Ayre K-5 with the Revel F-30's and the Ayre QB-9. It sounded terrific with relatively inexpensive cabling. VERY emotionally engaging. But, again, I really wish to simplify my life with a good integrated."

If you want an integrated with the level of SQ that K-5 has, it will probably cost a lot of money. I think it will be simpler just to stay with separates. You already tried the Ayre preamp and had great results with it. Not only that, it shows that you don't have to go with ultra expensive cables. That was the overall point I was trying to make in my previous post. Getting the preamp first will simplify you life.

"I had a Resolution Audio CD player prior to switching over to an exclusively digital front end. I did alot of side by side comparisons before I let go of my CD player. While it wasn't a clear cut victory, the digital front end was at least on par with most recordings......and that was before I got the Ayre DAC. I don't see myself going back to CD's."

I wasn't suggesting that you go back to CD's, only that you use the CD player to compare with your current digital front end. Just to make sure you have everything dialled in right. It looks like you were able to do this with the Resolution Audio. Its a great CD player. If you are getting that kind of performance with your DAC, your OK there as well.

If you still decide to get speakers first, some of the other posters recommended Vandersteen. I agree. That's my favorite speaker too. Be aware, though, they are more revealing than your current speakers. Whatever flaws you have upstream will definitely be brought out to a greater extent than your current speakers.