"this is the product Ohm puts out"

Have any of you guys/gals gotten a very poorly veneered pr. of Ohms? The veneer kinda looks like plastic with a residue left from wiping them off. That's the only way I know to describe it. Where the veneer comes together on the back of the speaker looks like a trainee or myself did this pair. I won't go into what the grills did to the veneer in transit I guess.
Looking at them again and I have to think these are a demo pair. You guys tell me the condition of your speakers when you got your Ohms.
Thanks
harley52
Hi Harley52

Have you contacted John Strohbeen of Ohm Acoustics about your issues with the veneer? I'm sure he will help you with your problems. Did you get new Ohm Walsh speakers or were they re-furbed older models? I don't think I've heard anyone complaining regarding the veneers of Ohm Walsh speakers.
My 3000 speakers and 1000 center look nice. They are not fine furniture but I wasn't expecting them to. My speakers were packed well, boxes in boxes with wood/fiberboard inbetween. As for being overpriced, some people like coffee and some like tea. I think tea is overpriced while somebody else might think that of coffee is. Now if I had 20,000 dollars to send on monitor size speakers that might be a different story.

Have you called Ohm? What was their response if you have?

I'm sorry that they are not up to snuff for you. The way it sounds I would not be happy either.
I sent an e-mail to Ohm yesterday and waiting for a reply as to what they want to do. When I posted the original remarks, I hadn't hooked the speakers up. They're hooked up now and I can't believe anyone would put a product that sounds like these onto the market. The bases weren't sanded either as there are the ridges from the cnc mill still showing.
The left speaker is dead and that one has no low end below apprx. 120-150hz. It sounds like one of those cheap little cube speakers.
I'm wondering if these were in their shop for repair and someone just shipped the wrong pair. Almost forgot, that these are the 1000's. Really hoping someone just shipped these to me by mistake.
Harley, sounds like they are new. Definitely call OHM and talk to John Strohbeen. He has a great reputation for customer satisfaction.
I messed up on a sentence on the last remarks. It should read; the left speaker is dead and the right one has no low end. Sorry for causing some confusion.