"this is the product Ohm puts out"

Have any of you guys/gals gotten a very poorly veneered pr. of Ohms? The veneer kinda looks like plastic with a residue left from wiping them off. That's the only way I know to describe it. Where the veneer comes together on the back of the speaker looks like a trainee or myself did this pair. I won't go into what the grills did to the veneer in transit I guess.
Looking at them again and I have to think these are a demo pair. You guys tell me the condition of your speakers when you got your Ohms.
Thanks
harley52
One reason I never bought any is that the 6-7 pairs I've seen all looked shabby. Uncool for over-priced speakers in the first place.
Harley, which OHM model specifically? Are they brand new from OHM in Brooklyn?

OHM Walsh speakers have been around since ~ 1980 or so and veneers can vary quite a bit. Currently some OHMs are sold new and some are sold for discount with refurbed older cabinets. I have two pair of refurbs, one I bought used on Agon and one bought straight from OHM a couple years back. Cabinetry on refurbs are not always perfect I have seen, but I would expect that not to be the case with all new models. I would expect that any imperfections with refurbed cabinets would be disclosed up front, but you might have to ask to get details, photos etc. to approve before buying.

In the 1980s, some very cheap synthetic veneers were used in the sound cylinder series as a lower cost alternative as well.

If you have an issue with any OHMs bought straight from OHM in Brooklyn, I would recommend letting John Strohbeen know and see what happens.
My two pair can be seen in my system photo montage.

The F5s I bought straight from OHM use refurbed OHM F cabinets from years ago. They arrived and remain in essentially perfect condition, no flaws/defects.

The smaller 100 series 3 speakers I bought used on Agon for $600 a few years back use refurbed OHM Walsh 2 cabinets from teh 1980s. The finish is quite good but there are a few imperfections that can be seen. One is where some wood filler was applied to the original cabinet in one bottom corner that must have been chipped originally prior to refurb. Also one of the 4 OHM labels on one speaker is slightly out of level. Overall though, they are in good shape and were a steal for $600 used.
Hi Harley52

Have you contacted John Strohbeen of Ohm Acoustics about your issues with the veneer? I'm sure he will help you with your problems. Did you get new Ohm Walsh speakers or were they re-furbed older models? I don't think I've heard anyone complaining regarding the veneers of Ohm Walsh speakers.