Anyone going to the NY Audio show today to Sunday

I'm going Saturday and Sunday.
Hours of the show are today, Friday, 2pm to 8pm.
Saturday 10am to 6pm.
Sunday 10am to 5pm.

Location of show is in Midtown at 455 Madison Avenue (between 50th and 51st streets) at NY Palace Hotel.

https://www.facebook.com/NewYorkAudioShow

Number to call for tickets.
1-888-71-84253
http://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow-tickets.
If you buy tickets, they'll send you an email and you just print out the ticket.
doug99
Was my first time at an audio show. As you might expect, I experienced some great things while I was there. I experienced some radical version of "settling in" as the system adjusts and warms up. I also gained a deeper appreciation for the strength of the effect the room has on the audio. I was amazed, as well, at how changes in speaker position of merely 1-2mm can potentially create a dramatic improvement or degradation in perceived sound quality (from multiple positions in the room).

Great to compare a lot of high end systems at the show. Also great to just sit in and listen, without comparing, and just take in the musical performances. Sadly, there was a fair amount of music that was just over-the-top loud. Oh well.

Strange how the show seems to get a lot of traction by way of what speakers are playing. It's like lots of folks came in to see and hear the speakers, but forget about all the rest of the equipment that was essential in producing that sound to begin with.

I'd love to go again sometime. Great experience.
Well said, Adam18. I always thank the guys in the rooms, even if I didn't like what I heard.
Aaronknock- Agree w most of what you say; my comments were directed at the total set-up which was why I tried to focus on which rooms I liked. But...as long as there is no gross mis-match somewhere along the line, the speakers
TYPICALLY (not always) tend have the most impact on the subjective character of the sound of a system. IMO/IME/YMMV/LSMFT/SQ3R ;-)
Yeah: agreed, Adam. Those rooms are so expensive -- especially the larger ones. A lot of work in five days just to make sure your name stays on people's radar.