How to kickstart this area

Any clue why this forum has come to ao screeching halt?
wolf_garcia
The forums did not seem to update right over the last week or so. That dumb Polk thread glitched and said it only had 22 post and was a lot closer to 70. Today the glitch seems to be fine and new post are getting bump to the top.
I agree with the constant Polk threads being a potential reason. Nothing against Polk; as my first "good" speakers were Polks which I still own. However, even in the AVS forums, it appears the talk is being consumed by entry level products. Speaker questions often revolve around HTIB or Polk vs Bose, or, someone wanting the best speaker under $200. In the HT section people are talking asking about what system, including a receiver and 5.1 speakers, is the best for $500 total. Nothing against people starting out, as I was there myself. But, I am at level of quality where those discussions simply of no interest to me. It seems most discussions revolve around entry-level products. What's worse is when people criticize people such as myself that own expensive high-end systems. There are often comments like their Onkyo/ID direct speakers sound just as good, and, that people who appreciate higher end systems make their purchase because of name recognition, or, simply because it costs more. At one time these forums were filled with audiophiles such as myself. I miss those days....
One way to kickstart the forum is to start asking about the market value for your gear. That or start bashing popular brands. Oh wait that would be trolling. Nevermind.

I hope it isn't a mass exodus. I at times get frustrated with the forum because of the lag time in posts. There is a definite ebb and flow to updates. I know the general disclaimer is 4 to 8 hours for a post to get moderated. As of late it seems more like 12 to 16 hours for some members. I bet most members have seen this and just said forget this place. Who wants to put together a post and not have it hit the forum.

I'm submitting this post at 9:47am EST on 3/29/2013. Later I'll check to see when it actually make it through if it does.
There doesn't seem to be any standard time for a thread to stay in the Recent Discourse part of the forum.
I posted a thread in which I asked for advice and it was gone after 2 days when a large number of new threads were published by the moderators. Mine was pushed out to it's home forum where I got a trickle of replies.
On the other hand, some threads will sit for days with no activity.