Best Bookshelf speaker 1300.00 budget

Imaging/clarity are most important. Will be used as 2 channel stereo system with no sub. Don't need alot of bass for my listening..however some is needed. Have listened to Revel M105 1300.00 pr and from reputation Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1 for 850 or so. Willing to listen to recommendations. This is for a small living room that is not closed in...10 by 12.
nyaudio98
Akg_ca,

The other day, I spent close to an hour searching the web for someplace in the United States to purchase Tannoy speakers. For all I could uncover, they are not sold here!

-Bob
+1 on Proac 1SC, I almost bought a pair years ago. Also Dynaudio 1.3 MkII, which I've had for years. When you can find either of these speakers they are in your budget.
That said, you might check either companies' current monitors and see if "newer is better" since designs change, hopefully in the direction of improvement
A nice pair of Harbeth P3ESR'S are listed here,I would make an offer on them.They are outstanding monitors.
Second the Vapor Audio Breeze. A steal at their asking price, which is right at your $1300 budget. If you are looking to spend $1800- 1900 the Vapor Audio Stiff Breeze is an amazing speaker at $1895. Heard them at Axpona this weekend and they are alot of speaker for the money. They are an MTM version of the Breeze and will play down to about 40hz without a problem and can play quite loud without congestion or losing their composure. Highly recommended.
Akg_ca,

The other day, I spent close to an hour searching the web for someplace in the United States to purchase Tannoy speakers. For all I could uncover, they are not sold here!

-Bob

Contact AUDIO EDEN up here in Toronto
that's where I bought mine (They are a TANNOY dealer)
http://www.audioeden.com

ask for Mike or Robert