Best Bookshelf speaker 1300.00 budget

Imaging/clarity are most important. Will be used as 2 channel stereo system with no sub. Don't need alot of bass for my listening..however some is needed. Have listened to Revel M105 1300.00 pr and from reputation Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1 for 850 or so. Willing to listen to recommendations. This is for a small living room that is not closed in...10 by 12.
nyaudio98
Also suggest used. With a little research and watching audiogon, you can get 2 to 3 times the speaker for the same price. A year ago, I bought a pair of $4000 speakers for $1800. They are as new in all respects - and I'm really glad for the extra quality of sound.
I have a pair of Triangle 30th Anniversary Comete monitors which are outstanding if you can stretch your budget a few hundred dollars. Imaging and clarity are certainly strong points with the 30th Anniversary Cometes and they stomp the excellent standard Cometes across the board. Used Merlin TSM's or new Omega single driver monitors also deserve consideration.
If you are willing to spend 1800 you might want to also consider the Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne that I think sells for 2000 without stands. I think Ref 3A is a good choice too though.
Akg_ca,

The other day, I spent close to an hour searching the web for someplace in the United States to purchase Tannoy speakers. For all I could uncover, they are not sold here!

-Bob