Does Mc Intosh make reference gear

I have been reading the current thread here about Mc Intosh being bashed. People are saying they use cheap parts or have a 70's type of sound. I don't know the Mc line that well. Do they make a reference line? If they do why don't you ever hear about it? If they don't maybe they should. I'm sure audiophiles would give more props to Mc Intosh if they made some cutting edge products.
taters
Not enough credit is given to Al Gore. He started the first penal colony down under, spawning all that cheap labor which eventually found its way to a small group of hobbyists who happened to dabble in audio.

Al then successfully led the Aussie invasion onto American shores (after handily defeating the Japanese, but that's another story) under the guise of some free trade agreement planting the seeds of audio dissent. Slowly they took hold, casting doubt and dispersion amongst audiophiles, opening avenues of choices they never knew they had.

The plan worked brilliantly as no one actually knew the genesis of doubt that took hold in audiophiles. Reviews picked up, debate ensued, and no one could agree on what sounded best. That resulted in a flanking maneuver clearing a path for headphones and headphone amps, thus undercutting and weakening the hold that home systems had.

Al then quietly retired with his fortune, preferring to listen through Burson headphone amps in the seclusion of his 10,000 sq ft mansion, never to have achieved the fame he deserved. The price Al paid was a great one, but some heros prefer to remain anonymous.

All the best,
Nonoise
Elizabeth I believe owns Bryston amps....so take that with a grain, taters go to audio aficionado site...they have a Mac site and the entire forum is not as hostile as this one can be. Agon members are more about one upsmanship. A little too serious around here... :-)
Bryston and Mc = two way different beasts.

Which is reference?

The one that sticks the word "reference" in the product name first! :^)
No..Al Gore is not a McIntosh fan. Ever since Al sold Current to Al Jazerra Network,..(ya know..that friendly terrorist news organization that sent over the internet encrypted codes from their news site to the terrorist's who brought down the World Trade Center..) Al exclusively buys his Audio components from Al Qaeda Audio. Their amplifiers are stunning to look at especially the beautiful gold camel logo on the front of their amps.