Sneaky new internet tax pushing through fast

(very sorry mods, please leave it up for aminute

Call your reps!!

For those of us that buy or sell anything online and don't want to be audited by 50 states plus, please take notice to the new internet sales tax that is going through fast right now!! Spread the word, call your congressman, this will put all small vendors out of business most likely, don't let it happen guys!!
mjpfan
Hifibri, you are right. I should've said spending increase instead of spending. I compared 1962 and 2013 spending itself, adjusted for inflation and population minus two fold increase in military spending (adjusted for inflation) and payment on the debt and came up with $8.4k per capita now to $2.4k per capita in 1962. I'm not sure what the reasons are but huge increase in spending took place during Bush years. Running two wars, returning taxes and creating largest government in history took toll. This largest government was due to Homeland Security - largest government agency ever. Homeland Security budget is $70 billion a year. It is best example of bureaucracy, having multiple agencies that don't know about each other, doing exactly the same. Another factor is 6% going for payments on the debt that started big with Reagan who created 3.7 Trillion Debt - equal to perhaps double that in todays money. Spending is too high but the worst thing one can do is to avoid paying (from tax increase) because somebody will pay it anyway, either we or our children (with interest). A lot of money go to welfare but so far nobody, republicans or democrats is interested in reforms. Current welfare law supports not working. Instead we oppose public healthcare or education that IMHO should not be business oriented.
Taxes are one of the lowest in the world but spread hysteria about being overtaxed causes very negative effects. Nobody wants to invest in any efficient long term program because it means being voted out of office. I remember discussion about Expressway reconstruction in Chicago area when they were not sure if it is worth to pay twice more for the road that lasts 4x longer. Any sensible person would say it is good deal (especially when they stand in traffic) but it was rejected. At the end we pay double because nobody wants to spend money now. We don't pay higher income tax percentage than before (I think) but big portion of tax revenue disappeared because of tax loopholes, companies going of shore and rich people keeping money in other countries. A lot of large corporations don't pay any tax at all.
To trot out those old canards and red herrings that the government is "bloated" and therefore doesn't deserve (my) tax money is disingenuous at best. Rather than obfuscate, tell the truth...admit to miserliness. Those decry "bloat" speak loudly, until government services are needed.
Effective corporate tax rate in 1962 was about 40% but today is about 15% thanks to loopholes etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_tax_in_the_United_States
The tax code we use is how oligarchs in our country evade payment. That money in offshore accounts is pretax, not already earned and taxed. There's hundreds of law firms that cater to the the 1/10 of 1% and provide them with all the expertise they need to hide their money. It is the most civilized version of all nations. Others, like Indonesia and the Philippines, use deadly force on a wide scale basis, like the Mafia Commissions used to (before they went 'legit') and the America Appalachians. Heck, Rome used to crucify 20,000 at a pop to make a point.

All it takes is a Tax Letter submitted to the IRS and then all bets are off. The IRS simply weighs the costs of litigation against what they can collect and if it's a wash, that letter is added to the tax code, to be used by others at those law firms mentioned, to bend to their clients needs. That's why the tax code used to be around 400 pages and is now over many thousands, broken into volumes.

I guess we can be happy that they're not using coercive violence against us but instead, simply buying as many politicians as necessary to achieve their financial goals. Take a look at Max Baccus who is soon to retire. 28 former members of his staff are now lobbying for Wall Street.

Wake up people.

All the best,
Nonoise