best tube preamp under a 1000 for B&K 200 sonatas?

I have a pair of the B&K mono block sonatas...currently using a B&k ss pre....I would like to step into a tube pre but don't want to spend more than a grand. Definitely buying used. Running paradigms studio 60's. All suggestions welcome. Thanks
magnus89
Hello,
I see a TAD 150 Signature posted on Agon. I owned one 4 years ago. A very nice sounding tube preamp for its price point. Has no short comings really - just sounds right. Has remote, only uses (2) tubes so tube rolling is not too costly. It has a phono section but to be honest it's not that good. The value here is in the line stage.
If you could get it for $775 I'd jump on it.
I'd be careful - that TAD 150 isn't a signature (near as I can tell based on the pictures). So $775 may not be a "jump on it" value. That said, I have a TAD 150 sig that I have used with my B&K M200's and it worked great. I have been driving my M200's for the past 3+ years though with a Musical Fidelity Nuvista preamp. The Nuvista isn't a traditional tube amp - it uses miniature "Nuvistors" which are more tube than they are transistor, but they look like a transistor. It's a great preamp and it's a great combination. They can be found used from time to time for ~$1000 but since there were only 500 made they aren't common.
+1 Quicksilver, < 300 ohms output
Audible Illusions line1, 2 ~1600 ohms output
Jolida Fusion has both RCA and balanced outs, if one comes up used,

I am driving a BEL 1001 MK5 having 22K ohms input with Aubilbe Illsions 3a with no problem, 2M interconnects.
I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember that the B&K M200's having a fair low input impedance of 22K(?) Ohms.
you're very close - the published spec is 24.3 Kohms
Mesch,

Not to get off topic, but I haven't thought about BEL for a long time until I saw your post. Are they still in business? I almost bought a pair of 1001's myself. They were one of the best solid state amps I've ever heard.
I would also reccomend the mapleshade, space tech, or beleive it or not a fisher 400c if mechancial condition could be verified.

However for just over 1k i would strongly consider trying to get hold of a joule electra la100