Jeff Rowland 2 or Classe 25 for Avalon Eclipse

Hi all,

Sorry for my bad English, I'm wondering to buy a pow amp for my Avalon Eclipse. Recently I see Jeff Rowland model 2 & Classe 25 in Audiogon,

Could anyone give me the which one is match for my speaker? Or other amps match with? My budget is arrount $2k-$2,5k

Thank you all in advance
Do
aspac
Ooops, I forgot the link for the Emotiva amp:

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/xpa-1l

-RW-
04-02-13: Aspac
Thank you all for support, All I need is the amp match well with my speakers, so pls tell me which one will you choose?

I would choose the JRDG Model 2, it would work fine with the Avalon's in my room with my tastes. However, I do not know how big your room is or how loud you listen.
I have a Classe 15 in my secondary system. I also heard the Classe 25 many times over the last 15 years. The Classe house sound is a little dark sounding. If you don't like bright, this is an amp to consider. I am running my Classe 15 amp with a tube preamp and Vandersteen 2CE speakers. It is mostly used for background music while I am on my computer, but it is a very musical sound.

Keep in mind the Classe 25 amp is at least 16-17 years old and if it were I, I would probably think about replacing the caps if they are leaking. The Classe is 250w a channel at 8 ohms, 500w at 4 ohms and 1000 watts per channel at 2 ohms. It is perfectly stable down to 2 ohms. My Classe 15 amp has been 100% trouble free. The power supply in the 25 is very overbuilt as is the heat sinking.

I know nothing about the Rowland amp.
Both amps sound warm and musical. But a sharp individual focus they both do not have. Avalon ( which I sold for over 6 years) can give a deep and wide stage. But misses the sharp individual focus of instruments and voices. These amps have the same properties as the speakers. At the end you miss.......yess the individual focus. For me it is that simple! Like 1 and 1 is 2.
In my opinion you are not comparing apples to apples. The Rowland Model 2 out classes the Classe and it should be plenty of power for the 2 way Avalons.