Power amp protection and filtering

I apologize if this has been asked before but I have never heard the answer.

I have a PS Audio power regenerator. I have the pre, phono amp, turntable, cd player, Reel to reel, and tuner plugged into it but I have been told power amps don't need and, in fact, shouldn't use such filtration. I have an Audio Research VT200 and I know this PS Audio product wouldn't be big enough for the amp any way but would a separate regenerator be advised for such an amp? If not... why not?

I had called Audio Research and they were fairly non-committal on the idea.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.
128x128wynnosu
Post removed 
Wynnosu,
I have tried a variety of amps plugged into different conditioners and every time the amp sounds better plugged into my wall outlet. I don't know why but I do know what sounds better to my ears and other audiophile friends that did the listening tests with me.
As a disclaimer I must admit that I do use two Xentek Extreme Isolation Transformers (5 KVA each) that cleans my power that then goes to a second electric box that houses my Dedicated 20 Amp AC Circuit Breakers and on to my systems.
I use an original Shunyata Hydra 2 which is used primarily for my power amp. The Hydra 2 is designed to compliment a high current power amp. The Hydra 2 does not limit the amps power or dynamics in any way. It lowered the noise floor considerably. I use a Shunyata Copperhead 20 amp cord for the Hydra 2 and a Shunyata Copperhead 15 amp cord from the amp plugged into the Hydra 2.
This is what is inside your Hydra:
http://www.10audio.com/diy_power_conditioner.htm