450 Pound Monobloc Amplifier

The Boulder 3050 monobloc weighs 450 pounds, 1500 wpc.

A pair of monoblocs weighing right at a half-ton...amazing.

The Pass Labs XS 300 monobloc weighs 300 pounds, 300 wpc.

With all of the advances in amplifier design, does an amp really have to be that big to get the results they're after?

The 1500 wpc D-Sonic monobloc weigh 12 pounds...I love it!
128x128mitch4t
Smaller, lighter, cooler, cheaper and ergo more convenient; those attributes always succeed.
Kijanki: You will get no disagreement from me. At present I haven't heard a Class D amp that I really liked much. However, I haven't heard the New Jeff Rowland equipment lately. But, I have always really liked Jeff Rowland equipment anyway. Well designed and definitely well built.

enjoy
Minor1,

Have you heard any Class D amps with your Martin Logans?

I have not heard Class D with electrostats. My gut says it does not sound like the most symbiotic pairing, but maybe with the right around it it might work.

I guess my point is that I like to compare what gear is capable of when set up to play to its strengths. I am not a fan of reviews that swap one speaker in for another willy nilly and assess the two based on that, for example.
Wow , thats heavier than some safety box. But the most important thing is...Does it sounds good? or just looks good?
@ mapman,I really do not know eanything about class D amps,If they do sound good and are cheaper,of course I will jump on the band wagon!,can eanybody name brands of class d amps that actually sound good that I can audition?,mapman,thanks for understanding that I do not want an investment to go south because the technology came and went!cheers!