Denon SUT or Micro Seiki head-amp?

Hello there. I recently bought the famous Denon DL-304. I connected it to my Project Tube Box II, and immediately noticed that something was quite lacking. I did some research and only then learned about this cartridge being extremely low-output, and the need to somehow boost up its sound. Right now, the options I have here in Argentina are reduced to:
1) Denon AU-320 step up transformer.
2) Micro Seiki MTA-41 head-amplifier.
The Denon could seem like an obvious option, since it matches the cartridge impedance exactly (40 ohms). But then some say it could veil the extraordinary level of detail of the DL-304, and I wouldn't want that at all. The Micro Seiki, on the other side, is a mystery: there's practically no info about it on the internet. I only got to know that technically it would fit the DL-304: it is good for cartridges between 1 and 50 ohms of impedance and from 0.1mV (DL304's being 0.18). The specs here: http://www.micro-seiki.nl/Accessory.html
Can anyone help me decide here? Thanks for any advice!
fedocable
You might look into a bob's devices SUT. He makes very good performing units for the money. I used one on his SUT's for a 103R and it did a great job.

http://www.bobsdevices.com/

Chuck
SUT-less high gain phonostage to replace low-gain phonostage will do the best work.
Tube box is popular so selling it isn't hard to get some 'upgrade downpayment' that will end up more cost-efficient than SUT.
Good advice. Although there are not many models available in Argentina right now -and we cannot buy electronics from abroad, believe it or not. There's a Clearaudio dealer... maybe some mid-range Clearaudio pre + Denon au-320? That may work better than keeping my Project, perhaps...
The Micro-seiki "head amp" IS an active gain stage, which if it does not result in noise, can often provide better results than an SUT which can result in ringing and will "magnify" any cable or loading mismatches.
Oh. I have no experience whatsoever with any of these pre-pre gadgets, but from what I read, the SUT au-320 should match almost exactly the cartridge impedance. That's why I assumed it was a safer choice. I didn't know about other risks (ringing or cable mismatches)...