Tube Amps from China

I have been looking at tube amps for less than a thousand dollars. It will be my first one. I have some Magnepan speakers . Any suggestions or comments will be apprciated.
alphaattitude06
I think you should look at Jolida but there's two Jolidas so wait for an owner to chime in and tell you how to contact the correct one.
Finding a tube amp at under $1000 to drive Maggies is going to be real tough. My understanding is that Maggies really like power. Not sure you are going to be able to get the power you will need to drive them well until you get into the $1000-$2000 range. And even then it might be tough.
I would take the Dynakit ST70 currently advertised for 425.00 over any chinese amp under a grand. However, you might need more power. You may be able to find a VTL ST85 for under a grand if you keep looking.
The Jolida company you want is Michael Allen's Jolida out of MD (see Jolida.com; avoid Jolida.net). He's the designer, production is in China, finishing in the States. A 502B was my intro to tubes over 10 years ago. I really enjoyed it. Not sure what pricing is like today. I expect used could certainly be had for <$1000 depending on model. I cannot speak to whether you can find a used JoLida in that price range that will drive Magnepans, however.