Upgrade from a Cary SLI-80 integrated amp

I will appreciate opinions of those who upgraded from a Cary SLI-80 integrated amp to another amp (not necessarily more expensive) and is more satisfied? Any comparisons?
transl
The 5AR4 are indirectly heated and provide a smooth (slower ramp of current) start up of the amp. I have also been told that they present a lower impedance to the power supply and therefore provide better dynamics. I use them and felt they improved the transparency of the amp. I was also told that there is no need to spend big dollars here on NOS tubes, but to each his own, instead go with a pair of the lesser cost current production manufacturers. Certainly worth a try IMO.

Chuck
And I agree with the above poster that NOS tubes make a noticeable improvement.

Chuck
I am now listening to it with EI 6CA7 tubes; sounds interesting - very detailed and focused, but with small soundstage, the sound is inside the speakers (currently Silverline Sonata-III). Will try to install vintage GEC KT88 and play with speaker cables.
I am using NOS TS 6550s in my SLI-80 F1. Are KT88s preferable?

My current tubes, all NOS, are 4 TS 6550s, 2 RCA 6SN7/VT231 gray glass, 2 Mullard GZ34s and 2 Amperex 6992s.

I would like to get a bit more bass out of the amp given that I am using it with a pair of Nola Boxers. Any suggestions?
The KT88 will give you more bass when compared to your TS 6550, but you might be giving up other sonic benefits of the TS 6550.

In addition, the ultralinear setting will also give you more bass compared to the triode setting.