What stereo amp sounds better than digital monos?

I want to replace a pair of Red Dragon digital mono blocks with an excellent SS stereo amp of approx 150 RMS.I have Acoustic Zen Adagios speakers

I am not interested in tube amps or tube rolling. Need input and/or recommnedations. I CANNOT afford $5000 ARC, Levinson, Krell or other super high end basic power amp. In the past, have considered Odyssey Stratos SE, McCormack DNA-1 upgraded to "REV B" or "REV A" level; also, the better Conrad Johnson SS power amps. Thank you.
sunnyjim
Hi SunnyJim

I don't know if another kind of amp sounds better than another. It just may sound different or you may prefer one type of sound an amp makes in your system vs. another. Just my opinion. The reason I say that is I had the lower powered Red Dragon M100 monoblocks for a bit and a Hypex UcD based Class D amp and I found myself missing the sound of a McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe I had along with some other Class A amps.

I think out of the bunch you mentioned I say go with the McCormack or Odyssey. One audiophile some time ago suggested to me if you like the McCormack sound check out amps by Belles. Especially the Hot Rodded amps. Also what about the Emotiva XPA-1 monoblocks? Emotiva also has a 30 day return policy and pretty good customer service.
Krell may be of interest. I have the KAV-150a from 1999 and cannot seem to part with it even though it can sound harsh when pushed with low impedence speakers. my solution was to mate it with a small bookshelf design. Maybe something in the 250w area is a better idea if you like to crank it up and maintain great sound. Dont dismiss the star names in amplifier design cause they cost alot, amazing amps avail here because someone has the upgrade bug or just need a bigger unit. great amps go up for sale at 1/2 the cost you mention" just stay on the hunt and research as much as possible. Listen if you have the chance and remember quality over quantity when it comes to watts
I owned a pair of Adagios for a year or so. The amplifier that I liked best with them was the RedWine Audio Signature 30.2.

This amp. is a Tripath design, so not a class "D", and has much more warmth and flesh compared to class "D"'s.

I usually listen at 75dB average or so, and the RedWine could certainly play quite a bit louder than that without distortion, despite its lower power rating.
Thanks to all responded so far. To Mapman: Boulder amps are off the scope in price....see used items on AG under their name. The old lady would put me under a "boulder" if I spent 15 to 20K for an amp. The question must be ask: how is (or should)a $20,000 plus amp "supposed" to sound to validate the investment

The Redwine amps are low powered, don't come up often, and I play it louder tham 75db I have been told that the McCormack DNA-.05 is the best sounding of most of the DNA series, EVEN before the REV A, B, C,level modds. You rarely see a DNA-125 come up which might make a good platform for at least the B level modds. The DNA-1 amps even if it can be purchased for $600, is about $1600 total with Level B modds, and much much more to get the gold REV A.
Sunnyjim,

I would suggest you try a Rowland Model 2.
I've had mine for 12 years. I can't seem to let it go.
It sounds that good. You should use a truly balanced preamp with it, like an Adcom GFP750 or a Pass X1.