12BZ7/12AX7 vs. 5751

I have a Cary V12 with 12BZ7 tubes in the input. I read an article last night that suggest that the 5751 is interchangeable, just with less gain, and that it sounds significantly better. Has anyone used a 5751 in place of a 12BZ7, or for that matter a 12AX7, and could you comment on any differences/improvements in sound?

Thanks!
grimace
I've read in several places that the 12bz7 is not a direct replacement for a 12ax7. I don't have the tech chops to fully understand why. You should check with Cary before making a change.
I have an Octave V70SE that uses a 12ax7 input tube and swapping it out with a 5751 was an improvement over the stock tube. I heard no loss of gain. I have learned from experience that the input tube makes the biggest difference. Here is a recent discussion.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1326387515&&&/12ax7-vs-5751

That being said it never hurts to ask the manufacturer.
Why in the Sam Hell would you be rude enough to suggest new speakers? Grimace never mentioned speakers just a simple question about tubes.

Grimace sorry I can't answer your question but I do know 5751's are a replacement for 12AX7. I would contact Cary and Google search. I saw some very good advice awhile back on interchanging tubes but I do not remember where. Sorry.