Table radio options for kids room

My wife wants a decent table radio for the new baby's room. She was thinking about the Bose Wave Radios but I've heard them and wasn't impressed. As an alternative I was looking at the Cambridge Soundworks and the Tivoli Music System. We're looking for one that has a CDP and iPod connectivity. Anyone have any experience with either of these units? The Tivoli looks like a nice piece and I've always heard good things about them.

Of course eventually my expectation is that I'll have the only little girl in the neighborhood that knows the difference between an EL34 and a 6CG7, but we've got to start somewhere.

Cheers
grimace
Of you want to spend the money and think your daughter won't destroy it, McIntosh makes a 'table top radio' of sorts. I've heard it, and it definitely has the Mac sound, looks and build quality. Even has tubes for the preamp stage.

It's the MXA-60. Not sure about price, but Mac doesn't make cheap stuff! If I had the money to easily afford one, I'd have one in my room and one in my 16 month old daughter's room. 'Til then, the $10 iPod dock with crap speakers that her aunt bought her will suffice.

I was thinking B&W Zeppelin Mini when when my wife was pregnant. Then I realized how much her bedroom set, day care, clothes, diapers and other misc. stuff costs.
"Even has tubes for the preamp stage".

Seriously, I like the idea of exposing an infant to the inherent warmth and friendly distortion characteristics of tube sound! Might help babies develop an inherent love of music I suspect?

Not bad for the parents either.

Tough decision. Mac or diapers......
I have a Tivoli in my bedroom and a NAD (I wanna say C15, IIRC) CD/Tuner/Integrated Amp in a guest room that I sometimes work in. The Tivoli looks great and sounds pretty decent for a table radio.

The NAD looks, well...... not as great, but sounds as good as the speakers you decide to hang off of it. In my case, these are an old pair of Red Rose Ribbon Monitors. A lot more expensive way to go, but the performance level reflects that. And, you don't want your daughter to be constantly bothered by limited stage depth and a lack of dynamics in the lower registers, do you?

Marty

PS Congrats on the new addition!
Have both the Cambridge and the Tivoli. Chose the Cambridge over the Bose, doesn't have those strange Bose acoustics.
Better yet is the Gini ipod based system that is on EBay for $99.