Pre-amp suggestions for Thiel 2.4/Pass Labs XA30.5

Looking to get a pre-amp to mate with my Thiel 2.4s and the Pass Labs XA-30.5. I've got about at $2500 limit and need a phono section (or need to to pick up a MM phono stage in addition... but still stay under the $2500 limit). I'm currently using a Classe CAP-151's pre-amp section, but it seems that it's getting outclassed a bit by the new additions. Any suggestions? I'm open to both tube and SS options.
128x128cal3713
What do you folks think about something like a set of Aleph 2s? Quite a bit cheaper than the X250.5, not as much power, but at 200W into 4 ohms, they should be a better mate to the 2.4s than the XA-30.5...

I did mention briefly the possibility of going to something older like the Aleph 0 to the Pass folks and they pretty unequivocally said to do the 250.5... just because the older designs have so much more distortion.
As popular as the Aleph's were/are, they weren't my favorite Pass amps (though I do love the industrial pragmatic look). FWIW, I found them lacking in dynamics. Keep in mind that you wouldn't be getting much more power into 4 Ohms than you currently are with the XA-30.5. Pass is to be commended for suggesting you buy an amp, whether from them or someone else, for your speakers, rather than switching your speakers. That kind of refreshing integrity is priceless. With that said, and within your budget considerations, the Pass X250.5 seems like very sound advice. FWIW, that's what I would have suggested you started with from the beginning. I suspect you'll get a good price for your otherwise very fine XA-30.5 from someone who truly understands the amp, and has the appropriate speakers/room to appreciate it. It might have been a little costly, but I imagine that the journey has become somewhat interesting and educational? At the risk of appearing redundant, don't be afraid to consider an older refurbished Threshold. They don't pop up all that often (people tend to hang on to them), but you might be surprised by the high quality value they offer. You can probably resell it at it's cost to you in short time if you don't care for it, the only penalty being it's admittedly not inexpensive shipping costs.
Owned the Aleph 3, 2, and J - and loved them, but I would describe them as amps that do best with speakers that are tube friendly - highish and smooth impedance - non are real current monsters, which is what I think a speaker like the Thiels or Maggies need.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what amplifiers Theil has used at shows the past 5 - 10 years? Likely a good match. I actually heard 3.6s with ARC VT100s a few years back and that sounded pretty darn good, so even a well designed tube amp with enough power should work.
Thiel has used a variety of amps at shows over the years. When I questioned them about it, they admitted that they didn't always use their preferred amps, that often times it was about what the local dealers provided, or about trying to demonstrate that though not necessarily optimal, their speakers could be used with a variety of amps, including some less expensive ones in an effort to promote sales to an audience that might otherwise be scarred off by the thought of specific amp requirements. They admitted that they would have preferred to show their speakers off to their best ability, but due to logistics or other agendas, they didn't always do so. Though not specifically said; I suspect the smart business strategy of maintaining some give and take as well as just plain diplomacy with various manufactures might have come into play as well.