Pre-amp suggestions for Thiel 2.4/Pass Labs XA30.5

Looking to get a pre-amp to mate with my Thiel 2.4s and the Pass Labs XA-30.5. I've got about at $2500 limit and need a phono section (or need to to pick up a MM phono stage in addition... but still stay under the $2500 limit). I'm currently using a Classe CAP-151's pre-amp section, but it seems that it's getting outclassed a bit by the new additions. Any suggestions? I'm open to both tube and SS options.
128x128cal3713
As mentioned above, I was also pretty concerned about the power of the amp and was set on purchasing an X-250.5 for the Thiels. I eventually settled on the XA30.5 after seeing Nelson Pass explicitly recommend it over the other comparably priced amps in the line.

So far, the amp only moves out of class A at very high volumes, higher than I would use for about 90% of my listening... and still sounds very warm and sweet even when the needle starts bouncing.

As for the problem with the Classe, it's great and I love it, but unfortunately, it's obscuring some detail from my source components. I've got a PS Audio PerfectWave DAC and there is a lot more information in the system when I use it as a preamp and run it directly into the Pass. Alas, my girlfriend loves vinyl, so that's not a solution either.

Ohh, and for those offering solutions, my $2500 cap is for used equipment. I won't buy new.
Did "...Nelson Pass explicitly recommend it over the other comparably priced amps in the line." for the Thiel CS 2.4's? Thiel suggests 100-400 Watts for the 4 Ohm nominal 3 Ohm minimum 87 dB/2.8V/m CS 2.4's.
If you're staying in Class A 90% of the time you are OK. Leaving Class A is not going to cause any harm. At 4 ohms you still have 240 watts of Class A/B headroom left when you leave Class A.

Some people feel that you need amps with a lot more power than what is required by your speakers to get the best sound. Others don't. If it sounds good to you, that's the main thing.
You can also get a preamp with higher gain so that you get more volume out of your system. c-j and Aesthetix preamps have gain in the 26 db range which is considered high, I believe, if you're interested in tubes. I don't think either has a phono preamp though.
Here's a quote from Nelson Pass from a discussion about choosing a Pass amplifier for the 2.4s...

"The XA30.5 will beat out the X250.5 for the first 20 watts or so because it has a much higher bias, and this is particularly true of low impedance loads. (I used Thiel 3.6's to voice the original Aleph 0, and they were 2 ohms across the board). I suggest you take a look at the article Leaving Class A posted at Pass Laboratories which discusses this in detail."

(from: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/175913-pass-labs-amp-combination-thiel-speakers-need-mr-pass-advice-everyone-5.html)