Pre-amp suggestions for Thiel 2.4/Pass Labs XA30.5

Looking to get a pre-amp to mate with my Thiel 2.4s and the Pass Labs XA-30.5. I've got about at $2500 limit and need a phono section (or need to to pick up a MM phono stage in addition... but still stay under the $2500 limit). I'm currently using a Classe CAP-151's pre-amp section, but it seems that it's getting outclassed a bit by the new additions. Any suggestions? I'm open to both tube and SS options.
128x128cal3713
Cal3713...is the XA30.5 capable of driving the 2.4s without any problems? No tonal abberations or soundstage collapse at higher volumes?

In any case, as for preamp suggestions, when you say your CAP-151 is being outclassed, how so? What are you noticing that you would like to change (more tonal density/texture, more resolution, more PRaT, more bass articulation/heft...)? Just trying to understand what it is you are trying to change or improve upon to tailor recommendations. I am assuming you are willing to consider used as well. Thx
Please forgive me for not answering your direct question, but I can't help but wonder if Cmalak is onto something. You might get more satisfaction from putting the money towards a higher powered amplifier.
I think you'll get better and cheaper results if you'll just use CAP151 which will make much more sense than your current Pass that underpowers your speakers. You can order a phono board from Classe and mount it yourself with easy instructions from manual. Child skill of Lego assembly experience is sufficient enough to do that.
Unless you think the amp is underpowered all the time, meaning that the needle is always moving... then don't you touch that amp! Kidding of course, but it's a fine amp and probably stays in Class A most of the time. Look into the W4S STP-SE preamp as it's fully balanced to match well with the XA30.5 plus it has a very low output impedance that will mate well with your amp. Alas, no phono stage, but you can get one of your choice, and still come in under budget.
As mentioned above, I was also pretty concerned about the power of the amp and was set on purchasing an X-250.5 for the Thiels. I eventually settled on the XA30.5 after seeing Nelson Pass explicitly recommend it over the other comparably priced amps in the line.

So far, the amp only moves out of class A at very high volumes, higher than I would use for about 90% of my listening... and still sounds very warm and sweet even when the needle starts bouncing.

As for the problem with the Classe, it's great and I love it, but unfortunately, it's obscuring some detail from my source components. I've got a PS Audio PerfectWave DAC and there is a lot more information in the system when I use it as a preamp and run it directly into the Pass. Alas, my girlfriend loves vinyl, so that's not a solution either.

Ohh, and for those offering solutions, my $2500 cap is for used equipment. I won't buy new.