Audio Research Corp Ref 5 SE

Just picked up news on another OP that ARC is upgrading the Ref 5 to an SE version that incorporates some of the technology from the Ref 40. The other OP posted the URL link below. Does anyone have any solid information anout this news development? Has anyone heard the Ref 5 SE? Same rumor about an SE version of the Ref Phono 2?

http://artsexcellence-audioresearch.blogspot.com/2011/12/audio-research-reference-5-se.html
bifwynne
When I replace my Synergy IIi with an ARC Ref 5SE, I will call Tom and let him know my situation. Again, glad I cam across this post.
Memorial Day Update on Ref 5SE: Have over 650 hours logged on the Ref 5, although much is idle time hours. I think the Ref 5 is probably broken in by now. It really sings. Very sweet pre-amp. Btw, a major change from an unexpected source. Just replaced the 6H30 driver tubes on my ARC VS-115 amp. Wow! Together, what a combo. Just love mny ARC stuff!
Bifwynne,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the REF5SE. I am sure the long wait for the upgrade was well worth it.

I just hit 750 hours on my unit after 18 months.