Audio Research VT100 tube replacement

Hi everyone, I am new to tube amps and I need to re-tube this amp. I have discovered that some music lovers prefer the sound of NOS tubes over the ones Audio Research sells. I will have my Audio Research dealer bias the amp when I purchase the new tubes. My question is what tubes would some of you with more experience suggest. My musical tastes include pop, rock, dance and some classical. I do enjoy listening at moderate to higher volumes most of the time (don't know if that helps in choosing tubes). My preference would be for smooth sounding highs and mids with punchy bass, my ears are sensitive to higher frequencies and I find that I get listener fatigue very easily from a lot of different solid state and certain metal dome tweeters. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, also any tube retailers that you have had good experience with would be great. Thanks to all and happy holidays
siffled
Be cautious if still under warranty. ARC may require you use their tubes which I've been told are of superior quaility. But they are relatively
expensive.
I have to agree from what I've read regarding tube rolling that a set that are not within the manufacturers tolerances could be costly trouble. I thought this post partially explains ARC & replacement tubes especially the last couple of comments.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1295643194&openfrom&1&4#1

That being said you want want to try the Gold Lion KT88 re-issues. Jim McShane does a great job of matching (and I'm pretty sure he knows ARC's specs). On the other hand if you want vintage tubes I really like the original Tung Sol 6550 solid black or grey plates. Very smooth highs - liquid mids with decent bass. Extremely musical tubes. Be aware those can be very expensive especially since you would need 4 matched pairs. I've also read the Shuguang Treasure KT88's have a punchy bass and a huge sound stage. I have no experience with them though.

Good Luck and happy holidays
What about the low power input tubes? Also is this a Mk 1/2 or Mk3 model? If Mk3,there is no real ability to tube roll the 6H30's as there are (virtually)no options for replacement of these. If the earlier Mk1/2 variant, then they use the very common 6922 which can be changed but again, finding two truly matched quads of these is going to be difficult and VERY expensive. Would stick with common modern offerings like Gold Lion or similar. Good luck.
"I will have my Audio Research dealer bias the amp when I purchase the new tubes"

Let us know what dealer will do that - rare bird?
VT series is very difficult to rebias for the correct
tubes, let alone tubes that arent intended. See that VT100
(MaKE 1 at least )doesnt really bias at each tube- you just set the hole channel at once, and that is why well match tubes are needed.