JRDG Coherence II; Battery Display Issue

We had a power outage here in New York that lasted 3 days. I shut down the system, but didn't think to power down the CII. It is operating fine, but neither the LOW or FULL light is illuminated for the battery. The power came back on Tuesday at about midnight, so its been receiving AC for nearly 40+ hours. Does this mean the battery is no longer holding a full charge? Will it affect performance? Frankly, I didn't notice whether the light was illuminated before the power outage

Three additional details. When I power down the PS, it automatically powers up within about 5 seconds. Also, the FULL lamp comes on for a second then goes off. This at least tells me the lamp is functioning. Lastly, when I switch from AC to Battery, there is no discernible fall off in performance. Basically, everything seems to be working, but the LOW/FULL lamps are dark.
128x128stew3859
Stew, the batteries aren't bad to replace. I sent mine in to JRDG, but thinking about it, they could probably just ship you the batteries and you could do it yourself.

I've used their email message service from their website and rarely get a response back, even after 2-3 weeks. When I call them they are usually very responsive. I just thought it was more 'polite' to email, but calling them gets you a response quicker.
Do lead acid / Gel / glass matt batteries invert? I know my NiMh batteries can and do. The battery pack for my camera is 10 AA cells in series so if I have a weak cell, I'm a goner.
I'm working on a replacement / fix / rebuildable now since Canon gets 100$ and the aftermarket stuff sometimes is of suspect fit.
Magfan, the JRDG literature is not terribly specific. It states only that excessive drain may damage the Lead-Calcium batteries of Coherence. Actual polarity inversion is a pure fruit of my own guesswork. Needless to say, the application of a non manufacturer-supplied battery cell to an electronic device like Coherence II is a recepy for expensive, and sometimes fumiginously stinky fireworks. G.
Replacement of the batteries has solved the problem. Battery charge now reads FULL. I guess the lesson is that when the battery no longer reads FULL, it is time to replace. Perhaps I will try to listen strictly off the battery, but previous experiments yielded no audible benefit. Thanks to all who posted in response.
I also wanted to add for the benefit of other Coherence II owners that the sound is indeed improved with fresh batteries. I don't know if there is a scientific explanation or if it is even counter-intuitive, but I know what I am hearing. Bass is more punchy and entire presentation is fuller and more robust. Just a lesson for the uninitiated. Do not try to squeeze every last ounce of life out of the batteries. I will now be more sensitive to whether the FULL lamp is illuminated. I will also again keep a spare pair of batteries around after about the 4th year.