Preamp for Pass

I have a ARC LS26 preamp, but thinking about trying something else, but still a tube preamp.

I have tryed the DIY Tram II witch was fitted with duelund compoens and others opgrades. that sounded great from the midrange and up, but lacked some in the bass, compared to my LS26.

So witch tube preamps are great with Pass?
pierre1976
Which pass is it? I would think the modwright would be a sideways move.
I owned the modwright with a pass x150. I enjoyEd
Which pass is it? I would think the modwright would be a sideways move.
I owned the modwright with a pass x150. I enjoyed the combo. Using a supratek preamp with it now. Warmer sounding. Modwright is an excellent preamp but so is your ARC preamp. I'd try other interconnects / power cords before you change preamps.
The LS26 is a nice preamp, try tweaking it as suggested by Jeffjazz, or use no preamp at all if you haven't done so.
Depends which Pass amp, a lot of the Passlabs poweramps are very low input impedance, which are not very freindly to most high output impedance tube preamps.
Do your home work first the output impedance of the preamp should be at least 3 x or more lower than the input impedace of the poweramp it has to drive.

Cheers George
George is right in fact experience has shown me the input impedance of the amp should be at least 10x higher than the output impedance of the preamp or the sound will not be right or all it could be.

Check the specs of your amp and search accordingly. Please let us know the specs of your amp and pre in terms of impedance. Very important.