Resolution Audio Opus 21 s80 Integrated Amp

I have the complete Opus 21 system including the s80 amp. The system is connected to a pair of Fritzspeaker Carbon 7's by way of Cardas Neutral Reference speaker cables. The system produces an open, detailed and realistic picture of the music it is playing. Acoustic guitar and deep defined bass really stand out to me. The overall balance of sound is there when playing softer and mid-tempo music (very musical) but when listening to rock & roll (not necessarily cranked) it becomes reserved and lacks the punch & dynamics. I'm considering buying a Solid State or Hybrid Class A/B amp to hear a difference, if any.

Does anyone own the entire Opus 21 system with the s80 amp? If so, your experience with and opinions of it. I cannot find one review of it online. I've read some nice things about the lower watts s30 amp.

It's a nice system and I really like it but am just wondering if anyone out there has the same or similar experience as me.
routeman21
I've not heard the amp, but the CD player is definitely not the problem. I once ran the Opus21 with a SS Simaudio integrated, Cardas NR and Totem Sttaf speakers; this combo was very good with rock music.
Bshapperd,
Which Simaudio model were you using? I once owned a Simaudio i-1 integrated which was paired with the Simaudio CD-1 CD player. I didn't own the Opus21 at that time. Clearly, the Opus21 system is much more musical than the Simaudio combo.
I have a full RA system as my second system using the s30 amp which is not a digital amp. A lot of rock music is engineered differently than other music, so that is one consideration. The system is not lacking in musicality or detail. It will play loud when needed (I am using a 4 ohm speaker). I have gotten very good results with Crimson, DNM, Jorma Design and Analysis Plus speaker wires. The Cardas may be too polite for your installation. If you call RA and talk with Jeff he can further direct you.
Thanks Cellorover! I have considered the speaker cable and it may be a synergy thing. I just ordered a Yamaha A-S2000 integrated amp which is class A/B. I'm very curious with the pairing of the Opus21 CD player and class A/B amp with more power than the s80. For the time being I'm steering away from the british class A/B integrateds as they (I have experience with Arcam/Cambridge Audio) are a little too relaxed for my liking.
I owned an Opus 21 & S30 system for years and recently upgraded to the Cantata Music center and First watt M2. RA makes very musical gear that is an extremely good value. In my experience, RA amps tend to struggle a little bit driving harder loads (less efficient loudspeakers). The Fritzspeaker Carbon 7 loudspeaker is a somewhat small two-way loudspeaker that utilizes a 7-inch bass/midrange driver. The design is not the most efficient at 87 db. The RA s80 might not be the best match to dynamically wake them up. You should experiment with different amps to see what design would alleviate the issues you're having. Good luck!