Replacing The Stock EH 6SN7 Tubes For Cary SLP 05

Hi

I run a Cary SLP 05 in the following setup

Cary Audio SLP-05 Preamp > Krell FPB 200 c Power Amp > Dynaudio Contour S3.4 Speakers

The Cary SLP 05 gives me that "live" atmosphere and soundstaging but I find that brass and horn instruments are still on the bright and harsh side with the stock tubes. It could be the Krell power amp. As such I thought of tube rolling and trying out some 6SN7's to hopefully give me more warmth and I guess a more euphonic and traditional tube sound. I will look towards replacing Tube Nos. 3 and 6 or the balanced buffer tubes first, retaining the stock EH 6SN7's elsewhere.

My shortlist follows below. Your opinions on how these tubes may sound in the Cary SLP 05 vis-a-vis each other is much appreciated.
mikey8811
The notes an info on this page, have proven very accurate, in my experience: (http://www.dehavillandhifi.com/6sn7_vt.htm) I've tried every tube in the top 10, on this listing, in the last few years. The National Union(VT-231), RCA(VY-231) and CBS/Hytron(6SN7GT) were the warmest(in that order). The bottom gettered tubes, from the 40's and 50's, are the best sounding of the NOS 6SN7 family. The exception to that is the Sylvania, tall bottle 6SN7W, but- That one definitely does NOT fit your desire for a warmer sound. BTW: Nothing currently produced will match the presentation of NOS tubes.
I have tried a lot of 6SN7 tubes except Tungsol round plates.
Can't afford them. The best by far I have found is the 1962 nos russian 6HC8 tube from Upscale Audio. Tube is identical to 6SN7's and at $25 per tube must be tried. I have stopped tube rolling my 6SN7's because of this tube
Thanks for the replies. The post truncated before I cpould write my shortlist which is as follows.

After reading numerous online guides (including the reference one on Head Fi) I have a shortlist as follows (with my read impressions in brackets):

1. RCA 5692 Red Base - a long shot as this seems expensive (the best of the RCA's with a warm midrange, wide soundstage, smooth highs which are still somewhat extended, laid back and maybe rolled off)

2. Brimar 6SN7 GT - most likely the black base clear glass as the brown base dark glass one is probably too expensive (warm with a wide soundstage and smooth extended highs but more dynamic than the RCA sound)

3. Tungsol Black Glass Round Plates - again a long shot as it is probably over my budget (the best all rounder with all the above attributes quite balanced out)

4. RCA VT-231 Grey Glass (a poorer cousin of the 5692 red base with similar attributes at a lower price)

5. RCA 6SN7 GTB - (one more notch down in the RCA sound with similar attributes at a lower price)

Your opinions on how these tubes may sound in the Cary SLP 05 vis-a-vis each other is much appreciated especially from those with prior experience with the same equipment.

Thanks
You should try the Pavane 6sn7 in the tube #1 and 3.They made a big different in my Cary SLP 05.