Magnepan 1.7 too bright, HELP

I just bought a used 6 month old Magnepan 1.7 and hooked them to my old system, which consists on a Deonon 2900 Universal player, Emotiva USP Preamp and Rotel 1080 power amp and use anticables for speaker connections, and monster cables for interconnects.

The sound is too bright for me, I used the provide 1 ohm resisters, still too bright, any recommendations.
bnrimal
How many hours on the 1.7's although used they may not be broken in yet. Also tell us about the room. How big, lots of glass, hardwood or carpet, furniture. How are the 1.7's setup? How far off the back wall, toed in? How much? Next to a TV or wall units? All of these things will effect SQ. Planar speakers tend to be fussier in setup than dynamic speakers.
If your tweeters are on the outside swap the speakers from left right placing the tweeters on the inside then toe the speakers in. This will mellow out the top end and it may ever improve your imaging.
Of course all cables may sound different on different systems, however, I find Anti-Cables very flat in frequency transference..as a matter of fact, I tried almost every cost no object cables in my system, and Anti-Cables were the best. Magnapans are hard to drive and if the Rotel is having problems and clipping than you will hear what could be a bright sound. Replacing the Anti-Cables with Cardas for instance will get you a more mellow sound, but increase the "mud" along with it. Rotel amps are good for the money, but not the last word in performance. Maggies ARE good for the money AND in the upper reaches of performance.
here are all of the options

1- new power cables - try shunyata viper only 100 bucks
2- new speakers cables - try regular radioshack cables
3- panels for sides and front wall - or heavy drapes on front wall
4- try hifi fuses on the speakers - I use them and love them
5- get a thick rug
6- make sure the sub is set properly sometimes its set to take the lows at too low a rate meaning have the sub only take on 40 and below pushing the lows to the speakers
7- change the size of the speakers in your denon - either from large to smallor or small to large
8- add a second sub
Yes, change out the Anticables--they are nothing but glorified coathangers that make great antennas--no bass at all.