Best SS preamp $1000

Looking for advice & opinions to kickstart my search for a new solid state 2-channel pre. Budget is ~$1000 max, new or used.

Must have remote, don't need balanced connections, don't need phono stage.

The rest of my system is: Reference 3A MM de Capo i speakers, Parasound HCA-1000A amp, Logitech Transporter as source, current pre is a Parasound P/LD-1100.

Thanks in advance!
tlhiii
Tlhiii, I'm not convinced that newer preamps are really any better than ones from a couple decades ago. As long as their capacitors, etc function OK, anyway.

Some other SS suggestions:

Classe DR-5, maybe -6
Musical Fidelity A3cr or A3.2cr
Marsh p2000b
McCormack ALD-1
older NAD (can't remember the model at the moment)

Someone recommended the Innersound. I had that preamp for a while, since I have their amp (love the amp by the way). I found it sterile and uninvolving in my system, anyway. If you're going to reach, I'd recommend a Musical Fidelity 308cr. You'll pay around $1000-1200 for it, but it's a notch above the others I've listed, IMHO.

Michael
Ok lots of suggestions here. I have to tell you the Bel Canto Pre 3 is a top notch pre for $1000.

I am using one now while my tube pre is being built. I must tell you is surpasses many high dollar preamps I have heard and owned. Yes it is that good.

Very sweet and really has no significant weakness. A joy to use with wonderful build quality.If the tube unit I am waiting on was not the amazing piece it is, I would keep the Pre 3 as it pleases me as much or more then a slew of preamps costing up to $8000 new.

Dead quiet and really is very neutral sounding. Nice tone and quite dynamic also.

If I was building a modest system from scratch this pre would be my choice.
Speaking of NAD.
I owned a NAD1700 tuner preamp.
MM and MC switchable inputs.
20hz rumble filter...backpanel switchable.
triple turnover bass and treble. 60/120/250 bass:: 3k/6k/12k treble turnover.
2 tape monitor loops.
Hi and low level variable outputs....seems that in a modern system you could run outputs to an amp AND to a sub.
Pretty good FM tuner with an acceptable AM section, as well.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other features.....but at 800$ retail in about '86, you could do worse. cost today? probably not much. I gave mine away with a fully functional remote...good for many NAD system components.

For maybe 100$, you could test it and probably not lose any money. The phono input alone makes it worth while to those who love there vinyl.
Another vote for the Bel Canto Pre3. Been using mine for a couple of years. It is the best pre I have used.
I say this even though my Pre3 is sitting unused as I am listening through an integrated amp currently. Still not quite ready to sell it.