Do you leave your components on 24/7?

Lately I've been leaving my components on all the time, on the assumption that a) they'll be ready when I want to listen, and b) the on/off cycle ages the equipment (tubes, anyway) faster than leaving everything on. Is the latter a reasonable assumption?
128x128cmjones
One can have enough degrees to be a thermometer(I only got two at Case Institute), and they will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for the individual's aural acuity, or their system's resolution(just two of many possible variables). My BAT VK-D5 CDP has a, "Standby" feature, that keeps the circuits/tubes warmed up at half voltage(designed that way, by BAT's resident Rocket Scientist, OBVIOUSLY for a reason). My SS bottom end amp, TacT pre, and Phono pre, stay powered up 24/7. My tubed mains amps are powering up at least an hour before listening. I'm certain Julian Hirsch(of Everything-sounds-the-same fame) would be proud of those that can hear no differences in well warmed up gear(or perhaps: have never heard well warmed up gear). BUT- As long as YOU are happy with your system's presentation- HAPPY LISTENING!
Indeed, an amp manufacturer will rightly claim the amp sounds better left on, and until it fails I'm sure it does. A car runs better when warmed up...leave that car on! If my gear is on and nobody is listening, does it sound good? Hmm...
Wolf ... Most taxi's are left running . Ever wonder why taxi's get into the million mile or more mark ?
Our cat hates being left along , if she see's we are getting ready to leave she will run to the listening room and curl up in the sweet spot and hardly notices were gone .
We don't want to anger the animal activist's there likely tougher than the environmentalists . There's no keeping everyone happy . Ya-Ya I know thats a pretty lame excuse .
I think people give way to much credence to what the manufacturers say, specifically to reliability and turning the amp off or leaving it on. I'd bet most have no hard data to prove either way, it costs a lot of money to do those types of studies and it takes a long time. There is no reason for a manufacturer to incur those costs.
If they told everyone to turn it off when not in use, there would be some portion of the user population that would turn off / on multiple times each day. This is what they're probably trying to avoid by telling everyone to leave on 24 x 7. That, and it sounds sexier if you are told that the amp you just bought "Needs to be left on to sound its best."
Tinsorosk - If Taxis are left running it's because the driver wants to stay warm.
And I don't think any cab hit 1 million miles, it is certainly not routine. (Wiki says one of the 20-year old Checkers got almost 1 million miles, probably with a few overhauls).