Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Without reading all 620+ responses what amps have worked the best with the syrah pramp? Tube or SS? I am ordering a syrah and just wonder what some of you have been using.

Thanks
Bobheinatz, I don't think it matters what amp you use, tube or ss. The Supratek has more than enough gain and flexibility to be used with any amp. The amp/speaker match is more critical. The output impedance on the Syrah is 600 ohms.

I am using a Berning ZH270 with superb results but expect most of the Supratek owners will tell you the same.
Hello Gang. What happened to the tube thread on the supratek preamp? Did it get yanked?
I cannot find the Supratek Tube thread anywhere - I think it got yanked. Why? I dunno.
Hey Bwhite. To reiterate: Under no uncertain terms would the WE 350b's be justified for regulators in the supratek given their current market value.As mentioned earlier in the tube thread; The only reason I use them in mine is... I had a pair left over from an old pair of theatre amps that I sold years ago.Yes, I do like them as regulators in the supratek.. however the tungsol 5881's or any of the older 6L6 G versions are terrific.Their purpose in the supratek is to smooth the dc ripple of the rectifier and regulate a constant voltage to the gain stage.Early st-bottle shaped 6L6 G'versions can be found for peanuts just about anywhere. The guitar guy's tend to prefer the higher rated GB and GC versions of the 6L6 as the G rated versions cannot handle being ramped up into overdrive and tend to distort far to early for them.I would hazard to guess that well over 90% of the 6L6's were traditionally sold to the guitar amp market.