Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Thanks for the info Rockhead. I recently had my phono stage reconfigured for low output MC (which is the way Mick normally ships the Syrah). I had him ship mine for high output MC. I am using a Dynavector 20XL MC with .25mv output (which is pretty low), but this phono stage still has tons of gain. I do not want the sound to suffer though as it sounds fantastic as is, so I will not reduce the gain. Thanks again.
Would this pre-amp be a good investment for someone who only uses a CD player and power amp? I am assuming I would need only the Chardonnay?
Hi Theresa, I would say it is a worthy investment, point being is you probably will not upgrade your preamp for a long long time, like most of us in this thread. I have the Chardonay myself and if your willing to deal with the waiting and the little quirks here and there you will be rewarded.
Until now my Chardonay somehow never ceases to amaze me everytime I listen to it.
How are the Cortese linestage tubes wired. Is is one tube per channel or does Mick use one triode section of each tube for the left and right channel?
Any news on Mick's status - is he still overwhelmed with back orders and still doing all the work alone? I'm considering getting the Syrah, wondering if those of you who already purchased are still so overwhelmingly enthusiatic about Mick's work? (And Thanks, I've appreciated all the info in this thread!)

Also - I posted this question in the topic on ARC preamps but may get a better response here - any opinions on using an ARC LS8MkII with PH3 versus the Syrah?