Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Grandpad, actually my previous amps were the Simaudio Moon I-5 and Electrocompaniet ECI-3 both of which are solid state integrateds, so it might not be a fair comparison. That along with the Blue Circle being a tube design probably contributes greatly to why I like the Blue Circle preamp/amp combo so much. My experience is pretty limited, but I think other people feel just as highly of Gilbert Yeung's designs.
I just did something I always tell my friends who are getting into this hobby of ours not to do, I ordered the Supratek (Syrah) pre-amp WITHOUT "listening" to it, I havn't even seen one, other than the pictures. I have my fingers crossed that all you guys who have one, or listened to one, have the same listening needs that I do. I guess now and then one has to take risks, a $2200.00 risk? Actually it wouldn't be a real bad "OOPS" compared to some other pre-amps that could cost many times its price.
To Bmotorcycle -- you're not alone, I did the same. I ordered the Syrah (line-stage only) just after reading this and other threads like this. Good luck to us both. However, this "3-months" wait is really getting old. My first 3-months of wait for a piece of gear is coming to an end next week -- a pair of Kharma CE 2.2 speakers.
Bmotorcycle and Jewel hasen, you will both be rewarded for your wait. I have been involved in high end audio for 25 years and this is the biggest single improvement that I have ever made to my system. It is that Good! I got frustrated with the wait also, but Mick will not be rushed. The quality of workmanship on my preamp is fantastic! My jaw dropped to the floor the first time I heard my Syrah and it is still on the floor. Everytime I listen to it (which is all the time) I just shake my head in amazement. Hang in there guys, you made a great choice!