ARC LS25 mkII noise level

What are the expectations on the ARC LS25 mkII noise level? Are these units supposed to be dead quiet in the system?

Mine adds considerable noise to the system. I swapped it out with another preamp (solid state) and the difference is quite significant.
jazzgene
Post removed 
Your thread on the vs60 having noise issues is now followed with the pre being noisy as well. Sounds like a nightmare trying to listen with all these issues.

Go with Ayre SS, dead quiet and nice sound. The other option is to isolate the tube or circuit that has the issue and repair or seek professional assistance. Also maybe accept that a very low level hiss or whatever might be there and weigh the other benefits of tube gear.

I can't hear anything coming out of the ARC amps and pre I have so you might want to look at some other issues like power as well.

In all honesty you seem knowledgeable but maybe tubes are not for you. Do you hear these sounds over the music, when in idle, or what?
Yeah, it has been a challenge. This is my first foray into tube gear. Maybe I am used to dead quiet solid state amps.

I think the culprit here is the LS25 MKII. The VS60 with a solid state preamp is very quiet. So the LS25 might need repair but I'll try getting new tubes for it first. It has 2 6H30 tubes.

Perhaps my expectations are skewed as I am probably looking for the dead silence my solid state gear provided. However, these 2 amps sound really good to my ears.

The noise can't be heard over music. If the room is dead quiet, I do hear the hum and noise very slightly from 3 meters away. With a solid state preamp, the noise is gone.
Maybe a pointless question, but do you have tube dampers on the LS25? I have a LS26 and hear no noise. Maybe the tubes need replaced, take small steps to solve the issue.
Possibly vibration dampers under the componet. Mine is on AQ Feet. Contact ARC they are very helpful on the phone, the challenge is reaching someone on the phone as they are very busy. If you are buying new tubes look for the 6H30-DR, I have found them to sound better than the ARC OEM tube.
Post removed