McIntosh MC402 - Best tube preamp?

I'm in process of upgrading my main system. Looking for opinions on a good used tube preamp based upon these more primary components.

-McIntosh MC402 [used unit soon to be acquired]
-Yamaha CX1000U preamp [now ganged w/ Yamaha MX1000U amp]
-Art Audio Vinyl One phono preamp
-SOTA Nova - lastest version table incl. the SOTA clamp
-Origin Live - Illustrious tone arm
-Shelter 90x cart
-PS Audio P500 Power Regenerator
-Music Hall Maverick SACD [upgraded version]
-Cables are all higher end with AudioQuest Cobra being the lowest grade
-Two sets of vintage McIntosh XR7 loudspeakers with the McIntosh MQ107 Environmental Equalizer [will be looking to upgrade from these when I can although they are all mechanically mint and sound terrific] and one pair of JBL L65 Jubals
-Dedicated 20amp home receptacle

-I am particular to vinyl
-I have tastes in more refined blues, quality rock, jazz

My quess is that one of the Mac tube preamps would be best but I'm trying to keep my cost for a quality used unit in the $2500-$3000 range.

Suggestions? Thanks.
sit
Not even close to the best. You can do much better for the same budget. Are you staying with the Yamaha amp?
Narrod,
I was planning on replacing my MX1000U and CX1000U. Both still sound rather outstanding to me but I have the itch to upgrade. I've had them for quite a lot of years now.

Are you saying that the MC402 is not a worthy investment as compared to other preowned amps in its price range?

A fellow A'Goner had earlier suggested I look into Roger Sanders Magtech amp as a superior investment as compared to the Mac.
A fellow A'Goner had earlier suggested I look into Roger Sanders Magtech amp as a superior investment as compared to the Mac.

Lemme guess.... Soundlock from the 423 area code. This nut is calling, emailing and replying to everyone pushing the Magtech. My bet is that he's on the Sanders payroll.
I consider Hovland, VTL, Conrad-Johnson and Herron to all be superior to the Mac.