6h30 tube

Hi All,
I am due to replace 6h30 tube on my 75SE Bat amp.Presently I am using
6h30 EB tube.Would it improve the sound any,if at all if I went with 6h30-DR
which is several times the price of original tube?
I thank all of you in advance for your input.
Regards,
Rod
rodvujovicsr
The NOS 6H30DR tube has been discussed at some length, but different people come to different conclusions. Some find no difference, some find a slight but insignificant difference, and some find a very important difference. So system and personal preference prevail.

Doesn't the VK75SE take only a single pair of these? I would recommend you give them a shot. I would also recommend the EAT Tube Dampers, regardless of which 6H30 tube you pick. Although the 6H30 is not terribly microphonic, microphonics are never a good thing.
I am with dgarretson here and Eee3. I ran VK75SE and then VK150SE's for about 6 years. It's a great amp(s). Had the same experience as dgarretson I suspect this is also system dependent. However my bat vk51se preamp liked the dr's more so than the amps..even the older dr's. Newer EH 6h30s did have more dynamics.

The EH6h30's are a great deal...maybe try a pair of matched (sections and tubes !) in your amps. If you want want spring for the dr's...
Agree with Gigi. I used 6n6p tubes in my Droplet Cd player and found them much more musical than the 6h30. Give them a try!