Amps in the same class as Pass XA.5 series

I've read a lot of posts saying that the Pass XA.5 is the best amp the poster has heard. What are some other amps that are in the same league?
128x128tomcy6
I have had six different Pass Class A amps in my system. My favorite is my current XA160.5. I have not heard amps from other companies in my own system, but I have heard a few amps in friends' systems and at various dealerships. I have been very impressed with the Spectral mono blocks and to a lesser extant with the AYRE monos. I'm sorry I don't have more experience with different amps in my own system to give you a better opinion.
Let me start by saying i too love PASS equipment. however, for example Rowland amplifiers run cooler, are more efficient, and IMHO bridge the gap between tube and solid state, similar to pass (Aleph) amps, and sound quite similar to one another. the classe audio amplifiers (omega) also are known to walk the line between tube and solid state "sound". BUT i do have to say that the NEW pass amps have an elaborate (and to my eyes) somewhat heavy and non-functional faceplate design, and also a useless bias meter, all of which the owner has to end up paying for. plus they produce a considerable amount of HEAT. design-wise i far prefer the grab-handles and elegantly simple design of the classic levinson amplifiers (23.5, 27.5), the lamm 1.2 monoblocks, or even the distinctive look of the older ALEPH amps (just relocate the power switch TO THE FRONT OF THE UNIT, OKAY?!). all i am saying that EVEN WITH the well-received Sound of the XA amplifiers, there are still some trade-offs that concern me.
AND one last thing- do they handle dynamics as well as the X-.5 series PASS Amps, and provide as much tight deep bass? could it come down to not only which sound you prefer, BUT on WHICH CD does one amp perform better than the other?
Compared to Pass XA200.5 - Plinius (Reference), BAT (VK600SE) and Spectron (monoblocks) - all have very similar seductive "musicality" and ability to convey power of full orchestra realsitically. Would love to audition new Mark Levinson class D amp - #53 (@ $50k/pr.)...
Thanks for the replies everyone. There is some diversity of opinion but as usual some strong opinions about Pass XA.5 amps. Class D amps are gaining some supporters too.

Is there something fundamentally different about class A amps or can a class A/B amp provide that warm, effortless musicality?