Plinius 8200 vs. 9100 -Which one?

I'm looking to buy a warm SS integrated amp and have wanted the Plinius for some time now, but never took the plunge. I'm looking at the lower end of their products or older discontinued.

Which is the better sounding amp of these two? The older higher powered 8200 or the newer lowered powered 9100 integrated? (I have 4 ohm, 87db speakers in a 18'-22' room in a lively minimalist room w/ hardwood floors.)

Furthermore, does someone know what is the difference between the 8200 mki vs. mkii, and is there a sonic difference?

Thanks fellow A'goners
128x128mjcmt
Thanks Pdreher,
Interesting that the Plinius lacks transparency. I would have not thought that to be the case, though in our lively minimalist room we have to be careful of a high res system. Incidentally the Dynaco are fine speakers and better than many other vintage speakers. It is funny, I have TT based audiophile tube system in a spare room that I don't use that often, and to tell you the truth, I enjoy using this one more and enjoy the lack of pretense it has. I wouldn't mind a remote and that was my interest in the Plinius, but I can easily do w/o a remote. Thanks for your input.
Mjcmt,

I have an 8200 MKII, and I really don't see myself moving on to another integrated. I also happen to use inefficient speakers as well (Vandersteen 2Ce Signature).

As far as I know, the MKII had a lot of improvements to the phono stage compared to the MKI, and I believe a couple of other small things (can't remember right now).

No way does this amp "lack transparency". What does that even mean - not enough high end sizzle?!

The best way I can describe the Plinius is that it's very smooth and refined - plus it kicks your butt at the same time.
Thanks Theunderlyingtheme for your insights. The amp may be a little more laid back than what Pdreher likes. 10 years ago I auditioned the Plinius CD Lad preamp and while it was detailed, it wasn't squeaky clean and pristine, so maybe that is what he means by transparency. I can use an amp that is not over the top in my situation.
With your room and speakers I'd opt for the extra power of the 8200, if you can't spring for a 9200. I'd also go for the mkii. I had both and the mkii is bit more refined, a but more detailed not in a bright way just a bit more information gets through. I currently have a 9200 I've had for 5 year's just haven't found the need to upgrade