Amp for Magnepan 1.7's

I have a pair of Magnepan 1.7's on the way and was looking for a new amplifier for them. I currently have a Carver C-1 & M-500 setup which I anticipate will not do the 1.7's justice so I'm looking to options ahead of time.

I heard the 1.7's with an NAD M3 integrated and was very pleased with the sound so I'm sort of looking to use that as a starting point. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd prefer to go with an integrated but I'm not dead set against a ss or tube pre & solid state amp. I'd like something with remote control for sure as I'd like to easily integrate with my home theater.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
dorfma05
I would go with something that has lots of current. The NAD is powerul but it relys on voltage as opposed to current. Something like a Krell KAV 2250 power amp or a Pass Labs X150.5. Do not by a Krell pre-amp they are dry sounding but the KAV 2250 is a great sounding poweramp. My friend has a pair of 1.7 in his store and they sound really good with the Krell KAV 2250 but not as good with the Bryston 2BSt and the 3BST was way too bright. The Bryston 2BST sounds good but you can hear it working. I took home the 1.7s for the weekend and drove them with a Pass Labs XA30.5 and was shocked how well they sounded. Infact it is a an excellent combo. The X150.5 is very similar to the XA30.5 but the XA30.5 has much more bias and a little more current but only 30watts per side as opposed to 150 a side. I really like the Magie 1.7s they are hard too beat. You could spend well over $10k and not have a better speaker.
Hi all ! If it were me I would try what you have first . I would trust my ears .
Brad, absolutely, I'm just looking for some direction in what to try and see what other people have had success with. There's so much out there, I just want to narrow it down.
How about a pair of Outlaw M2200 monoblocks? I use a pair with my MMGs, they are highly recommended by Barry Diament the mastering engineer.
I'm less than sure about this....but if you like the OutLaws, you'll love 4 of 'em.
Biamp?
OutLaw has some kind of deal where the more you buy, the less expensive per unit it gets. Some kind of shipping deal, too.