Aesthetix Calypso Signature vs. ARC REF 3

I am curious if anyone has made a comparision between these two pre-amps. How would you describe the differences?
Sonic as well as build quality, maybe last pre-amp I buy.
128x128theo
I think you're mistaking the tube statement. The Calypso is great with stock tubes, but because it only needs two 12AX7's and two 6922's, it tends to benefit from NOS. I could be more than happy with stock tubes, but knowing what is possible, I found it a great investment in using NOS.
Srosenberg - I'm kind of cheap when it comes to NOS tubes, so I hunt for bargains, but for tubes that are highly recommended.

The best I've found so far are Telefunken 12AX7 smooth plates (early 60's vintage) that had great specs. I managed to steal them @ $85 for the pair. I'm using Phillips labeled Amperex SQ white labels in the 6922 slot that I found for $120.

The 12AX7 tubes are the most critical... so place your initial emphasis on finding these first. Telefunken's are clear, fast & dynamic, yet still smooth and fatigue-free. In second place are Mullard CV 4004 Platinum's, which are a good all-around tube, but slower sounding with more emphasis in the lower frequencies when compared to the Tele smooth plates, which excel in the mid to high frequecies.

I have tried more expensive tubes (Mullard 10M Gold Pins) @ $800 for the pair, but I found them to be too slow and muffled for my tastes. Keep in mind, that system synergy (amp pairing, cables, room interaction, etcetera) plays the most crucial role in your systems sound, so the tubes I've found to work best for my system may not be optimal for your system.
No one answered Theo's question...
Has anyone compared the Aesthetix Calpso SIGNATURE to the ARC REf. 3???
Thanks Gandme. But I think in compilation of what I have read and heard I will be happier with the ARC. I have decided (due to economic reasons) to wait and buy a LS27 when one comes available. I wanted to look at Modwright but was actually told buy Dan that the LS100 would be more "tubey" than what I am used too and I have come to the conclusion that the Calypso would probably be close. O have the LS26 now and the 6H30's seem to keep me closer to the SS sound I am used to. Correct me if I am wrong as I have yet to hear the Aesthetix. I wanted to then the dealer passed on before I had a chance to do an in home demo. I have heard the REF3 in my system and loved it and ARC claims the LS27 surpasses it and rivals the Ref5. The only thing missing is the funds. So if anyone would like to contribute to my Theos' Audio Fund please send money to TAF 123 Blue Note Way, Poorsville USA.....:)