Herron VTSP-3A

Hey guys, I just got this preamp in my system and have only used it for 5 hours. However, I don't have to wait for burn in or more evaluation time to tell this compenent is absolutley outstanding. The VTSP-3A is the new version and it has over 50 changes from the VTSP-3. I got my system sounding really good before the arrival of the Herron, but the Herron has really brought my system to life. Heck, the VTSP-3A has had the most postive impact on about every aspect of sound in my system than any other electonic compenent I have ever bought. I feel like the Herron is letting me hear the potential of everything else in my system. I thought I would make this post since I'm not sure if a lot of people know about Herron. If someone is in the market for a top of the line preamp, they may want to at least consider this one. For the record, I have no affliation with the company, I'm just a VERY happy owner.
128x128kclone
I just had my Herron VTSP-3 upgraded to the VTSP-3A.

The improvements are quite significant, not subtle at all. I really found it hard to believe that the overall performance of my VTSP-3 could be improved this much as I was quite happy with the sound before.

The sound stage is now deeper and the overall sound is much richer with greater detail - the layers of the onion have been peeled away. It is as significant as going from a CD to an LP - improved resolution, sound staging, imaging and dynamics - an overall quantum leap ahead. With high resolution media my system now comes frighteningly close to simulating a live performance, a goal we all pursue.
I was just reading back through this thread. I saw a couple of comments (one from Rossop)on running it in high gain or low gain or full gain to half gain to get better range on the volume. Huh? How is that? There is not a gain switch or anything. What am I missing here?

The pre is still wonderful. I am so glad I bought this pre. I have changed everything in my system in the last year, even tried a couple of integrated's but with whatever configuration I put together, it never sounded as good with out the VTSP 3A in the mix.
Kclone,

By pushing the phono button on the unit for a few seconds will switch the unit from low to high or vise versa.