Herron VTSP-3A

Hey guys, I just got this preamp in my system and have only used it for 5 hours. However, I don't have to wait for burn in or more evaluation time to tell this compenent is absolutley outstanding. The VTSP-3A is the new version and it has over 50 changes from the VTSP-3. I got my system sounding really good before the arrival of the Herron, but the Herron has really brought my system to life. Heck, the VTSP-3A has had the most postive impact on about every aspect of sound in my system than any other electonic compenent I have ever bought. I feel like the Herron is letting me hear the potential of everything else in my system. I thought I would make this post since I'm not sure if a lot of people know about Herron. If someone is in the market for a top of the line preamp, they may want to at least consider this one. For the record, I have no affliation with the company, I'm just a VERY happy owner.
128x128kclone
Kclone: no, not a deal killer at all. BTW, you didn't mean dealer killer did you?? you don't like your dealer too much, ah? :-)

Just wanted to know to understand what one gets for the price. The LL2 and the First Sound don't have a phono either, and I don't have a turntable although at some point I'd like to.

I had thought the VTSP-2, with all its ergonomic features, traded some sonic benefits for ergonomics, very much like a McIntosh C220. I guess I was dead wrong.

Looks like the VTSP-2 goes straight into my short list.

Thanks for the great tip!
I only have a problem with dealers that call me Francis.:). Yeah, I wish there was and edit button. Oh well. Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like neither the First Sound and the LL2 have remote control. That might matter depending on what your listening habits are. For me, I have a computer as a source. Of course this allows me to choose any song from any album at any time. Most of the recordings have different loudness so since I do a lot of switching it is nice to have the remote since I adjust the volume levels frequently. If had a cd player or table as a source, then it wouldn't matter as much. In that situation I normally would just play that one artist or album during the listening session. Being able to control sources from the Herron remote is a nice too. Anyway, good luck with whatever direction you decide to go, looks like you have a great preamps on your list.
My herron takes me to the live concert! When i play orchestra i can enjoy his sonic performance on bass, the mids and treble...all is perfectly balanced.
I have been looking for a new preamp and I keep coming back to the Herron 3A as one to try. The Herron has great features, which I would consider a bonus, although my only consideration is sonic performance and I really don't care about remote volume, etc. I do however, think the phase and gain adjustments on the 3/3A are beneficial. My question for current owners of the 3 or 3A is, how does the bass reproduction compare to other top contenders? For comparison, preamps I have owned that had what I consider to be good bass reproduction with adequate weight, power, and definition include a CAT SL1 Ultimate MkII, Lamm LL2 Deluxe, and TEAD Vibe with Pulse power supply.

I understand Herron products are known for a natural tonality and quietness (two attributes I am looking for), however not at the expense of other key factors. The only Herron products I have owned were a pair of M1 monos, which sounded beautiful, refined and conveyed an uncommon naturalness, but which for me didn't provide sufficient power and weight, especially in the bass. I have read similar comments about the first two iterations of the preamp being neutral and natural sounding, but somewhat "light" in the bass. Does the VTSP-3A truly improve on those earlier models in areas of warmth and bass impact?