stereo amp vs monoblocks, any advantages?

Are there any advantages to using a pair of monoblocs as opposed to a single stereo amp, apart from extra power, that is. If so, what do you gain sonically from this?
thomastrouble
Thomastrouble - Different speaker (or IC) lengths are matter for another discussion but it is very difficult to sell them. If you believe that cable is detrimental to sound then effect is proportional to distance (capacitance, inductance, dielectric absorbtion, purity of metal, skin effect smearing etc.).

The only case I know where longer is better (in audio!!!) is digital cable that has optimal length at about 1.5m because if shorter - reflections come too soon (affects the same edge). Transmission line effect does not exist in audio frequencies therefore no reflections.

Dealers often claim that 1m interconnect is better than 0.5m because that's what they have in stock (0.5m is less common) but 0.5m is twice better (almost - connectors also play role).

As for clear space between speakers - why don't you paint stage on the wall and make paper cutouts of your favorite musicians. Change musicians according to record being played. It will improve imaging greatly (he he).
Are there advantages to monoblocks? Maybe. But I would not hesitate to buy a well designed stereo amp because of those theoretical benefits - I own both types. I don't think it is something to worry too much about, if at all, IMHO.
"Are there advantages to monoblocks? Maybe. "

The advantages are real in theory in regards to optimal sound and worth being informed about.

In practice they may or may not matter much from case to case.

And, other factors generally come into play that are more important, like convenience.

Few setups are optimized to the nth degree (well some on this site are perhaps) and still sound great. My system certainly falls into that category.

If I were a vendor selling products or services to others rather than your typical Joe music lover, I would probably pay the nth degree of attention to these things. Otherwise, it really may not matter practically.