Wilson Sophia 2--- VTL S-150 or Ayre V1-xe?

Hi,
I just got the speakers and need an amp to drive them. I was wondering if a VTL S-150 would be enough. I have a Cary SLI-80 right now and I dont get the tight full bass. The top end and mid is perfect though. I dont think I could live with a ss amp on Wilson for it would be too bright. Thx.
nickt
Cipherjuris,

Just to set the record straight - at the time I had Lamm monos, I owned Avalon Eidolon Vision speakers, not Sophias.

I have never heard the Sophias driven by Lamm M1.2R.
Nickt, I have been going through the same task of looking for the right amp for my Sophia 2s. Since I am going to use them for a large Home Theater room as well as 2 channel I have been looking mainly at high current SS amps. So far I have auditioned, Krell, Pass, BAT, and Parasound.

I have been impressed with each of the amps for different reasons, but was unexpectantly impressed with the Parasound JC-1s. A good price and has the ability to really rock the Sophias. None of the amps were bright IMO.
In my opinion, the VTL-150 won't work with the Sophia 2's. I have both (although in separate systems) and tried them together. Bass was F-L-A-B-B-Y. I'm guessing that amp doesn't have enough juice at 4ohms.

I'm guessing you also don't want Ayre. I heard Ayre electronics matched up with Wilson Sasha's at RMAF and it was thin and bright sounding - not my cup of tea. If you like realistic body, you're going to need tubes in your path somewhere (imo).

I have Pass amps and use a tube preamp to balance out the sound. I have heard nothing but good things about the Parasound and would love to audition them one day. I did try the preamp and it was very warm and nice, but a little rolled off on top. I wonder how the amp would sound...
As a Sophia 2's owner I have run them with the CJ350ss amp. They sounded good until I got the Roland 312. ---Which was a nice step up. My Wilson dealer has recommended the Ayre MXR's----I'm thinking about that along with Ayre's K-something pre and all Cardas wires.---Anybody??