Adcom GFA-5800 Opinions

As a recent owner of the Adcom GFA-5800 I've developed some strong opinions of the sound. The amp is partnered with the adcom gtp-750 pre and B&W 801's. As I have not heard my respective components partnered with anything else.

I'm wondering if my "opinions" of the amp are accurate or have to do completely or in part with the partnered components.
eddiebo
I used to have a GFA-5500 many moons ago. It is much better than a receiver but for not a whole lot more money you can get much better. Try a Conrad Johnson SA-250 or SA-400 for starters. Night and day difference.
The B&W 801s are, to some, classics. Adcom is decent, but not classic. I do believe higher level amplification would deliver higher quality music.
hi all well i had a adcom 5500 and mellos 222 preamp ,emotiva cd and dac. and carver platinum speakers mk4. and the adcom delivered, high end grainess ???cmon man.the adcom has plenty of amps per watt to give you accurate bass, and mids and highs are not a strain on the amp.keeping in mind that the carvers go down to 1 ohm and the adcom gfa 5500 delivered, my 2 cents.
If I had to get an Adcom amp,  especially for those terrific 801's, either of the 555's can sound pretty good with a non-Adcom pre. A good preamp can make an 'eh' amp sound not so 'eh' at all. Consider a nice, vintage Conrad Johnson PV8 or 11, an Audio Research LS3, actually, any from either manufacturer will produce some depth and soundstaging that'll make you wonder why you wasted a minute with the GTP (and not the GFP) 750.