Power Amp..opinions please

Hi All,
I am looking for a power amp (mono or stereo) to go with my Promitheus Reference C-Core TVC. Till some time back I was leaning towards the Wyred 4 Sound's SX-1000 monos. But as I read the net, I found people mentioning that the initial impressions of class D are detailed sound, neutrality, "true to original" etc. 10audio also has a great review about the wyred4Sound amp. At one point I was considering the RWA Sig 30.2 amps, as 6moons had a glowing review for these. Later I decided that they will not be enough for my average efficiency speakers.
Now I also read from others threads that as time goes by Class D becomes boring, no tone, etc, etc. I am a bit confused now and cannot decide which way to go. There is no dealer nearby that I can go to and listen to a Class D. So I also started to look at used Bryston, Parasound, Pass, McIntosh, Ayre, etc.
Can you please provide your experiences with Class D VS Class AB amps? Please do not suggest tubes. I would be using the amps with a Marantz SA-8260 CD player, Promitheus TVC and Quad 21L speakers. The cabling is Signal Cable through out. Currently using the NAD C352 integrated amp as power amp, but want to explore and experience a bit more high-end sound. A constructive thread with opinions (rather than mine is better than yours) will be highly appreciated and valuable to the forum.
Thanks much in advance.
128x128milpai
Timrhu,
I guess you are right. That is what I may have to ultimately do. And if I don't like the amps, then why do we have audiogon for? :-) I want to get some maple wood plinths for my Quads, but that is not the priority right now

Mechans,
You have provided your opinion about speaker sensitivity and power ratings which is perfectly valid. But it does not answer my question. And I did not mean to insinuate stupid response. I do not understand why you felt the urge to make a stupid reply - if you say so.
About power ratings - I have heard a pair of high end Krells drive a PSB Silver-i and the same Silver-i driven by a NAD integrated. The dynamics of the sound and the ease that I felt when listening to this speaker when driven by the Krells was something I always yearned. But the Krells or some other high end amps were never affordable - even now. So my search for a high power amp.
Krell is one of the options. I do not have many dealers nearby that I can go and look at. I believe more in forum members rather than editorial reviews and paid publications to make a decision when I don't have much options. That is how I ended up with the wonderful Promitheus.
I am sorry but I could not understand some of the sentences in your post - like - "Mono Pass and McIntosh you have thought of Wyred4sound amps cost 3 times the cost of your 35 lb floorstanding 6.5 inch mid/woofer Quads". The Quads are good enough for me and I intend to buy the amps from audiogon - "used". So I really am looking for a good deal and am willing to wait for one. I am also considering the Monarchy Audio's SE-100 MK2 Class A monos. The reviews are good on this amp and they have a good deal going on. Have you compared Class D to the regular A/AB amps? If so please post your opinion. And believe me, however much stupid you feel your response was - I don't think so. I am eagerly waiting for opinions. If not I would not have been sitting watching this thread - instead of playing some music this Friday night :-)

Thanks
"Now I also read from others threads that as time goes by Class D becomes boring, no tone, etc, etc. I am a bit confused now and cannot decide which way. . ."

Fear not, class D amps are just like amps of any other class. . . some are great and some are not. I use a spectacularly good Rowland 312 stereo amp, which is coincidentally class D. I chose it because I preferred it over all other amps I listened to, regardless of class of operation. W4S are good amps. . . in class D you can also look at the excellent Bel canto Ref 1000 Mk.2. See my Positive Feedback article at:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue43/bel_canto_ref1000.htm
Class "D"; so much has been said. I have tried a Tripath based class d and now have a Hypex UcD based power amp. I like them both but for me, the hypex is preferred. Channel Island, Bel Canto, Rowland, many good names.
I believe there is a 30 day trial period with the Wyreds. Also not all class d's sound the same.

FWIW i traded a pair of nuforce ref 8v2's for a cary rocket 88r and i much prefer the sound. i also have it paired to a promitheus rev4 tvc.
Guido,
I have read that review before. You have done a very nice and in-depth review there. But the price tag is a marriage-breaker than deal-breaker. I can't think of spending that kind of money right now. I am sure the Bel Cantos are great..but sorry, not with that price tag. Yep I know, all good things come with a price tag. But good to know that Class D is not a bad option.

Jw94055,
I have decided to go ICE rather than Hypex, if at all I am going Class D.

Thanks for your opinions gentlemen.