High WAF, simple, integrated amplifier

I am in search of an integrated amplifier for my girlfriend who enjoys my high(er) end toys but doesn't want to deal with the sheer size of such parts. It has gotten me thinking about what integrated amps exist that are small and at least mildly attractive; a sort of iPod of integrateds. I have not come up with many since it seems that even basic integrated amplifiers suffer from mission creep.

Ideally an amplifier for her (and I suspect many people just outside the hifi community) is simple to operate with just a few input devices. No need for playing with setups, just good sound into the one pair of speakers. Can anyone point out an integrated amp that only has 2-3 line level inputs, NO phono stage, NO tape loops, minimal if any tone control? A remote for volume would be good but not required. A front mini jack for iPod/computer input would also be great but not required so long as a 3rd line input is available. The ability to select between two pairs of speakers could be nice if we are going to get really crazy but is certainly not required.

The box should be less than 12" wide since rack width is unnecessary for an amp with such limited features and low power. I would assume 40-50W into 8 ohm is fine, but with such a simple box, the entire space can be dedicated to the amplification stages so I could see it being quite happy with a wide range of impedances. The current goal is to power some decent stand mounted bookshelf speakers like Paradigm Atoms.

Cost is up in the air I suppose, but to make it appealing to those just outside the hifi community I assume that entry level hifi price is in order, maybe $300?

Does such a thing exist? I know there are probably some amazing high end parts like this, possibly tubed, but that is not the goal here.
antistrange
Searching for a narrow unit (i.e. 12" or less) will limit your options, as most all components are 17" wide, give or take a 1/2". And, you might want to buy used to stay within your budget. Also, the simplicity of inputs and lack of tone controls will also limit your options and will most likely raise the price higher than you want to spend.

A solution that meets your size criteria is the Bel Canto e.One S300i. High WAF, I'd imagine, but is costs 2k. Maybe you can find for 1/2 that, used.

The Creek Evolution 2 Integrated Amp is standard with but less expensive at $1095.00.

As you go down in price, an option is the Marantz PM5003 for $450. It's 17" wide and contains more features than you want. Also, the NAD C315BEE for $350 is another good one at this price point.

Good luck!
The Musical Fidelity X150 is very close to what you are after. Definitely narrower than 12", power output is 105 wpc. Used they go for about $575-$600. Still much more than your budget of $300 though. It has minimal features, and only a handful of inputs. As I recall, no mini jack inputs, however.
Music Hall A25.2 is the logical choice. Runs about $375 used, no disappointments on this one. Huge value for little $.
Why not check out the Arcam Solo or Solo mini? Either one should fill the bill nicely. They each include a very high quality cd player in the bargain.

They also provide pre-outs should you ever want to add a more powerful amp, though it's doubtful you'd ever need to unless it were set up in a very large room or you wanted to drive large, low-efficiency speakers. But it's nice to know you could ;-) -jz
Wes Phillips reviewed an integrated from Nu-force recently that should fit the bill perfectly, and it comes in a choice of pretty colours which may be to your ladys liking. I can't remember the model though.