BAT SS amps VS Ayre MX-R

I have a BAT VK-250SE with a VK-52SE preamp. I'd like to try a different solid state amp and eventually preamp to go with my Hansen Audio Prince speakers. I think the Prince's would benefit from a more high powered amp. I like the overall sound of the BAT equipment. I've considered the VK-600SE. I'm just alway interested in something different and maybe better. I'd like to hear form anyone with experience with either BAT or the Ayre MX-R amp or any other suggestions. With the Prince speakers I've left the upgrade path. I'm looking to do the same with my electronics. My front end is a Modwright Truth Transporter with Vintage tubes. I'm very happy with it.
arthurp
"In my system with my electronics" The Bat SE 600M monoblocks literally kicked the crap out of the Ayres. I'm driving Soundlab A-1 speakers so that may have had an effect. I mentioned this to a rep of Ayres at last years Rocky Mountain and was told to buy better speakers. That spoke volumes to me about the company itself. They're pretty proud of their gear. Sonically the Bats just had more of everything, more dynamics, better bass, better imaging, bigger sounstage etc.. This wasn't a subtle difference and everyone that heard it couldn't believe the differences. These were a buddies MXR's and he sold them shorly after and bought a Audio Research tube amp instead. Not trying to pick a fight with Ayre and I prefaced this with "my system" but for 20grand it should at least be close. Good luck.
I would agree with Bryceeboy. I wasn't really impressed with my MXR and there are much better amps around the same price. Boulder makes very good solid state gear.
I did a home audition of the MXRs with B&W 800Ns and found my current Lexicon 312 and 501 Monos MUCH better. I could not wait to disconnect the Ayre.
I went from bat vk150se to ayre mxrs. I am very happy with the
Change. I think system matching at this level is critical.

The ayre mxrs do seem to need several days to warm up and very
Extended breakin time.

Finally, if you are keeping your bat pre then bat amps maybe the
Best matching option. Bat has a more robust sound vs the more nuetral
And extended mxrs, this part comes down to preference and system $matching

Both are great.